WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO switch does not handle AZ time correct - does not recognize no daylight savings time change?

My WEMO switch is turning on/off one hour behind even though I set my location to "Phoenix, AZ" in the WEMO app.  It seems to think we are on MST with DST, but we have no DST.  When I set switch to turn off at 8pm, it turns off at 7pm.  I have to adjust all my times for the time difference, and will have to do it again when DST changes in the Fall.  Appears that others have the same issue, but still not fixed.  Seems to me it should be a simple fix to check the users app location setting and adjust correctly.

Re: WEMO switch does not handle AZ time correct - does not recognize no daylight savings time change

@rjrcm wrote:

My WEMO switch is turning on/off one hour behind even though I set my location to "Phoenix, AZ" in the WEMO app.  It seems to think we are on MST with DST, but we have no DST.  When I set switch to turn off at 8pm, it turns off at 7pm.  I have to adjust all my times for the time difference, and will have to do it again when DST changes in the Fall.  Appears that others have the same issue, but still not fixed.  Seems to me it should be a simple fix to check the users app location setting and adjust correctly.

Please make sure the firmware is updated and if the issue still persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Re: WEMO switch does not handle AZ time correct - does not recognize no daylight savings time change

I think the quality of these products are very low. You need to have low expectations. They do not design and test their hw and sw very well, it's clearly evident.