WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Away mode not working

I have been following this thread with the same issue of the Away mode not working. I have followed all of the previous instructions of deleting app and re- installing, deleting rule and adding rule again also with different on/off times. This rule has never worked on any trial. I have the mini smart plugs. This rule was one of the main reason I purchased the wemo. I also have tried more than one device, both android. Looks like all the deleting, re-installing, rescheduling, making new rule is not the answer. I will keep following this thread to see if a fix ever comes to fruition. Thanks

Expert

Hi, kwilla. Are you using an Android or iOS device? What's the OS version of your smartphones? If you'd like, we can have our Escalation Engineers walk you through some more advanced troubleshooting steps. Just email us your full name, community username, phone number, location (country/state), and the link to this community post for our reference. You can also include the summary of troubleshooting steps you've gone through so we can have a clearer view of your situation.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I've just updated to Android Wemo version 1.18.1 (123) and finally away mode is working for me! Also I can enable rules over wifi, so it seems like multiple issues have been fixed with this release. Havent tested extensively yet, but seeing some lights switch randomly on/off

Hope this works for others too.

Similar situation here.  I have 4 WeMo outlets, which work fine withe the WeMo app, and with Alexa, BUT I set up the AWAY rule to turn on the 4 attached lights at 17:10 and turn off at 21:18.  Once 17:10 roles around, NOTHING happens.  FYI, I use the iOS app for my iPhone 7.  Any insight how to get this working?  It was one of the main reasons I got the WeMo switches.  Thanks.

@dek13190. Away Mode will turn your Wemo device on/off randomly during the duration of this rule. To clarify, does the rule won't work on that duration time you set? How about using a different handheld device in setting up this rule and check if the issue still persists. Also, Please make sure the firmware is updated. To know more about the Wemo Rules, follow this link.

If that won't work, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance along with the following details: 

• Phone Number
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Gerard, thanks for your note.  My understanding of the AWAY setting was that the affected devices would turn on at the set time, and off at the other set time.  Once I read your note,you said that they would RANDOMLY turn on/off during the active period.  I ran a test today over a 3 hour period and they all did just that.  Way better than just on all the time then off.  Many thanks for the explanation and advice.  They do indeed work well with the AWAY rule.  Thanks!

Away Mode had been working fine for me with a rule I have set on two Wemo Mini Plug devices, using Android app v1.19.1. I left on a two week overseas holiday and came back to find that Away Mode had stopped working. The two devices are set to go from sunset - 11:30PM on Away Mode. My regular on/off rule on a third device (Wemo Switch) works as programmed still.

I can operate both devices via the app, but the Away Mode rule does not function. I've deleted the rule and re-created it, and there's still no on/off during the set time. Both devices also successfully operate with set on/off time rules, just no Away Mode.

Highlighted
Expert

Hi, davesmunroe,

Is the firmware updated on the both devices? 

How about the remote access? Is it enabled on the Wemo app?

Make sure to do these things. When done, please force close all the running apps in the background and reboot the devices.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support