WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Away mode not working

Same issue.

Same issue.....when it was working it was random and in predictable and sometimes would go on and off multiple times during the cycle when it was just supposed to stay on. I contacted before and was told to reinstall. That didn't work. I really wish they would fix this considering my old timer was more reliable and MUCH cheaper.... But I wanted something I could also control from my Alexa... Disappointed.

What you describe is exactly how Away Mode should work - random, multiple on/off cycles during the set period!

[ Edited ]

Yes, Phil's quite right

The Away Mode switches on and off at random times within the period set. It is supposed to give the impression of occupancy whilst you are away from home. It's a ridiculous name though and has caused a great deal of confusion over the years. Belkin should have renamed it "Random Mode" years ago and I have suggested so before but of course nothing of the sort has happened.

If you want your WeMo to switch on and off at specific times then you need to use a simple timeer rule.

Regards

Pete

Rather than starting a new topic I just want to add my frustration with the Away Mode rule.

I set the Away Mode rule for the first time on the weekend and it is not working at all.

Not one of my devices is triggered. 

I have 6 devices installed:

3 of the original Wemo plug in Switch

2 of the Mini plug in Switch

1 Light Switch (not dimmer).

I called tech support today and they checked and confirmed that the firmware for each device is up to date and told me that someone from Leve 2 tech will contact me in 48 hours max.

I am using a Samsung Note 5 on Wemo version 1.18.

When I set Rule schdeules for each device all appear to work but it would be nice is this Away Mode worked.

One other thing:

The App itself freezes/crashes everytime I use it.  The only way I can get it to work is by restarting my phone.

I am not one of those people who likes to complain but I find this kind of performance to be unacceptable.

Any ideas as to how to fix would be appfreciated.

I have tried the Away mode a few times ... everytime I try it doesn't work.  None of the devices trigger at all. 

Expert

Hello, bataplai

Has the rule ever worked before? Have you tried setting the rule to another time interval? Uninstalling and reinstalling the Wemo app may help with this setback as well. Make sure that the Wemo app is up to date as well.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Any fixes yet? Mine is not turning on during the scheduled time period as well.

Any fix updates? Mine also does not turn during away mode

@Connie

What's the model number of your Wemo device? Have you tried to delete the rule? If you weren't, please do and try to make a new one for isolation. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support