WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Acr

Re: WeMo Mini setup hangs at "Discovering your WeMo devices"

I've wrestled with this same problem and was able to fix it.

For some reason these devices don't get along well with wifi networks that have special characters in the network name. For example "Sam's Wifi Network" can create problems because of the apostrophe. If you have anything other than numbers and letters in your network name (and maybe even wifi password), I'd try renaming it and see if that fixes it.

I'd additionally make sure your smart switch is connected to a 2.4 Ghz network. It is my understanding that Wemo mini smart switches only support 2.4Ghz networks and not 5Ghz so that could also be your problem.

I've had my fair share of problems with these things but following these two rules has helped with my devices. Hopefully they should get your's working as well!

For my wemo mini the special character solution does not help. I have no special characters in the SSID or the password.  I just think the product is hopelessly flawed.  Tried two devices, I got one device to work for 24 hours, that was it.  I have removed and reinstalled the app at least 6 times.  Reset the device at least two dozen times. It's a POS.  Never buy a wemo.

Hi, frankasmith568. Have you tried to follow the workarounds given by 

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same issues. Purchased a two pack of the plugs and neither of them are able to set up. 

Highlighted

@nplaskaHave you tried to reset and reconfigure the Wemo switch? What's the LED status? Is there any error message? 

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Same issue. I reboot the WeMo Mini but the app still shows wemo.jpg

@mingzhe

What's the current LED status on the WEMO Mini and how far is it from the router? If you had any changes with the router's setting, you'll need to reset and reconfigure the Wemo Mini. Once done, make sure you update its firmware.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support