WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: WeMo Resetting the Easy Way

Bump to the top Man LOL

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

Bump Heart

Belkin

Have had no success with the reset process. Tried both 3 seconds and 5 seconds apart and have gone beyond 4 cycles. It takes the bulb about 2 seconds to glow after flipping the switch. Should I include those 2 seconds when counting or should I only start counting after the light is glowing? Is this delay normal?

WEMO Maker Inventor

Start with the bulb turned on for at least 5 seconds.

Then flip it off  and after 5 seconds back on again etc... 

for a total of 6 flips of the switch totalling 30 seconds to compete.

Belkin

I've concluded the bulb is defective...

Dozens of attempts to reset per those instructions. Never flashed. I decided to try a complete reset of the system (Link reset, delete and reinstall iOS app, reset bulbs, etc). No luck.

During that process the second bulb did the flash on the first attempt to reset it. Also, there is no 2 second delay after switching it on that I see with the first bulb. The first bulb also appears to be at 50% brightness compared to the second one when switched on.

Any other ideas or brute force method to get the bulb to respond? Or should I just start the process with Belkin for a replacement?

It would be best if you'll have the bulbs replaced by Belkin. Their Customer Service team is available weekdays from 6AM to 8AM. 

zx9r this is the same problem I'm having, did you ever find a way to fix it (it's nuts that there's no other way to reset something that needs to be reset so frequently) or did you end up chucking it?

I found this article on Belkin website that shows how to properly reset the bulbs. It's different from the steps posted by Chaddster but I'm hoping this will work. Here's the link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=116178

If nothing happens, have the whole package replaced by the retailer (if within the replacement warranty) or contact Belkin.

Just a note that on 5 seconds and off 5 seconds, repeated 10+ cycles didn't work for me.

The procedure described here triggered a bulb reset.  Which is just a quick flick off and back on.  I did this sequence 4 times and that worked.

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=116178

WEMO Maker Inventor

Thanks for the update. This must have changed with later firmwares.

Belkin