WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: WeMo Resetting the Easy Way

Heythere, Albatross63

What's your Wemo unit's exact model number? May we know more details on why you want to reset it?

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

hold down the reset button and the power button at the same time for 5-10 seconds and the wemos will appear in the wemo app , then go from there .....

no matter what I do, the WEMO link cannot see the WEMO SWITCH, any solutions?

WEMO Maker Inventor

udavis wrote:

no matter what I do, the WEMO link cannot see the WEMO SWITCH, any solutions?

AFAIK the Wemo Link is only used for device light lights and such. The Wemo Switch should be detected directly by the App.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

3 seconds works from Central Oahu for the Lightbulb.

I am only getting amber and blue lights flashing

@Imas20

Hi there! We'd like to sort this out. Which device you have issues with? Could you give us the model number so we can have it checked? Flashing amber and blue light means that your Wemo is ready for setup. Make sure too that it is running the latest firmware.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@wrote:

@Imas20

Flashing amber and blue light means that your Wemo is ready for setup. Make sure too that it is running the latest firmware.

Isn't that cute Smiley Happy.  And how would you recommend updating the firmware of a device that's ready for setup, that's not connected to the wifi/internet?

I signed up just to give you a Kudo and say thanks. After a router change a year ago all my devices stopped working and despite many attempts and many hours I couldn't get it to work. The key bit I was missing was restarting my bulbs, which I thought I did by just turning them off for some time. After seeing your 5 seconds on 5 seconds off I gave it a go and it didn't work. I then saw your comment about 3-second intervals and it worked!! Thank you.

DH

I have the problem others under this thread have found.  I have  new router and have tried everything I can find to reset the device (a Wemo Light switch).   I am looking for a solution or a new product.  This has been frustrating and if anyone has learned anything new in terms of solutions, please post!   Thank you all for your time and consideration.