WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

Have mini outlet.. Can connect direct to outlet and start setup via app but no Wi-Fi network ( not hidden ) will populate in app to connect device to. Did factory reset etc.etc.. Any suggestions?

I think I might the solution for you and most others.

Problem:  Decided to change my routers SSID to through off would be leechers. Bad Idea.  Devices will no longer connect. Attempt to re-connect my Wemo Light Switch and Wemo Smart plugs via the Wemo app.  I first connect my iPhone to the Wemo devices via WiFi, open the Wemo app, connect the App to my home WiFi network.  Get message that my network cannot be connected to. (not in those words, but you get the point).  I spent 3 days and 1 call to support trying to fix. No Dice.

Until finally I thought to do the following...

Solution:  I had to rename my routers SSID and change my WiFi password.   This Work!  All 3 of my Wemo devices are connected and my Alexa can control them all. 

I think the WeMo software holds the previous network settings which is why it won't connect to WiFi.  In essence, u have to set up a new network (SSID & WiFi password) within your router to get it to work.

I think I might the solution for you and most others.

Problem:  Decided to change my routers SSID to through off would be leechers. Bad Idea.  Devices will no longer connect. Attempt to re-connect my Wemo Light Switch and Wemo Smart plugs via the Wemo app.  I first connect my iPhone to the Wemo devices via WiFi, open the Wemo app, connect the App to my home WiFi network.  Get message that my network cannot be connected to. (not in those words, but you get the point).  I spent 3 days and 1 call to support trying to fix. No Dice.

Until finally I thought to do the following...

Solution:  I had to rename my routers SSID and change my WiFi password.   This Work!  All 3 of my Wemo devices are connected and my Alexa can control them all. 

I think the WeMo software holds the previous network settings which is why it won't connect to WiFi.  In essence, u have to set up a new network (SSID & WiFi password) within your router to get it to work.

Mine seems to work fine it just detects all my neighbors wifi networks but not mine. I even moved it up to the same room as the router (probably 6' away). I'm using spectrum hardware for the router and modem.

Oh and I got 2 for Christmas and they both do the same thing. I can get to the point where I connect to my wifi just fine it just seems to see everyone else's but mine.

Give  2.4 @ 20Mhz channel width a shot on N only....the latter might not be needed but I like phasing B and G out

Highlighted

I have a wemo switch that works fine but the mini won’t connect to the same app. If I delete the switch then the mini works. Any way to get them both on the same app and network