WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

Based on all that I am reading here, you are telling me that I cannot use Wemo mini my office as I have no control over the routers in the building...  That sucks!

Highlighted

My SSID Name was apparently to long for the WEMO remotes, once I shortened it with no spaces there were no issues.

I just bought 5 wemo light switches, 1 dimmer and 4 switches. I am trying to connect to my.wifi. It keeps saying cannot connect. I have Alexa and irobot connected and they work fine. What am I doing wrong?

@Doeboy23 Please try the workarounds provided in this article and if the Wemo devices still won't connect to the wireless network, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so that our escalation engineers can assist you further. Please include your complete name, location-city/state, phone number, community username and a link to this thread for our reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I’m having issues updating my firmware. The WiFi connects just fine but the update takes forever then fails then I’ll need to update again and the circle continues. Help.

[ Edited ]

@Superman55t wrote:
I’m having issues updating my firmware. The WiFi connects just fine but the update takes forever then fails then I’ll need to update again and the circle continues. Help.

Try to reset the Wemo and use a different handheld device to isolate the issue. What's the exact model number of the Wemo device so we can assist you accordingly.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
Kg

Be patient. It worked. After 3 wks of total frustration, this hard reset did it. Thankyou.

I have more than 10 dimmers and 2 switches. I never had installation problem until recently. I bought two dimmers for attic, but installation process couldn't finish due to wifi conneciton failure. Turns out my Android tablet which has wifi only had no problem. I put my Android phone into airplane mode then turned on Wifi. I was able to finish installation correctly.

[ Edited ]

Pretty sure I had both my Wemo switch and Wemo Link connected to my WIFI, and all of a sudden they both disconnected. 

Had the same issue as everyone else where it would not connect to my WIFI. 

Aparently, it doesn't like having a # or space in the SSID.

This should really be fixed, as i had to change my SSID and reconnect all my wireless devices to an SSID without spaces and special characters. 

Which took me 1-2 hours to do.