WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

So... this device claims to use WPA2 but isn't compliant. The spec allows for special characters and my psk uses them. If that is so, I'm returning them. I'm not working with a product that is ok with such a hack. Does not reassure me about the security and quality of the rest of the unit.

Firmware bug
Highlighted

Wemo devices only connect with alphanumeric passwords on WPA2??? No special characters allowed???? Hahahahahah!!! That’s an design failure of epic proportions!! Lmao
Sri

Wemo is junk it never connects to wifi

Hi, Sri. What's the model number of your Wemo device? What's OS version of the handheld device that you're using? Uninstall/reinstall the Wemo App and try to set it up again. If nothing happens, reset the Wemo device and start all over. You may also try to use a different handheld device for isolation purposes.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

My problems are almost verbatim of those listed above. Can connect but no internet access. I have one Wemo mini plug running and a number of others from a competitor at a fraction of the cost.

The Wemo mini I just purchased is being returned and I will go back to ordering everything from Amazon. There is no excuse but as can be seen the company will manufacturer one as second level support.

Hey Wemo, why not improve quality control and fire the developers, 'engineers' causing these problems. Over priced and not functioning technology is not a good to market strategy. Especially when the same item is 90% cheaper and problem free.

Don

This is the single worst response imagined. You just asked a paying customer to perform Wemo QA. Why should a customer try and 'isolate' a Wemo error?

What does your network setup look like what router are you using. I agree that wemo’s suck with wifi but I was able to fix my problem since wemo support won’t help you or even get remotely close to the issue

I, too, am very disappointed in the product, much less the help.  I have not bought any new Wemo's but as you know, once you make the purchase, it's hard to just throw them out.  Here is what worked for me: I had Apple routers (1 Time Machine & 3 Expresses)so some of my issues were because of that.  I replaced them with an Orbi & 2 satellites.  That helped by itself but the real issue it seems is that Wemos don't like router names with more than one word.  As an example, let's say my router name was My Home Network.  I changed it to myhomenetwork and rebooted/reset them one by one & they seemed to perform much better.  They still do not perform as well as the iDevices I have replaced some of them with.  I hope this helps you.

Wemo's dont seem to like passwords with specal characters in them or routers that don't have legacy G and B support. they also have problems with multiple wi-fi AP's with the same name I had to setup a seprate SSID for each of my AP's also make sure if your using Ubiquiti to disable Wi-Fi Roaming on all SSID's