Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

chriswood27 wrote:
Got exactly the same problem
Seems I must return product
Wasted half a day of valuable time trying everything
I have one switch purchased a year ago which does work although this is controlled from a 6 plus but I cannot connect my iPad mini
I think I will ditch Belkin as it appears very flakey
Need a reliable solution

Hey chriswood27! The suggestions on this thread might help you get the devices working. If the same thing will happen, it would best to contact Belkin to assist you further with the situation.

03msc wrote:

No, have not.  I guess flipping the switch off would be the same as "unplug" right?  

I will try that tomorrow.  Just seems like a losing battle at this point after so much trouble.  Seems it should be something very simple yet it is extremely complex (for some reason). 

I'll give it a shot sometime...

EDIT::::::::

I decided to give it a shot.  I did briefly connect to the Link unit and it does say it has .8686 on it.  However, after I got to where I could see that the light started blinking yellow/amber about once every second (so, slowly).  I also got an error on my phone that said something about remote access couldn't be setup at this time.  So is it that it's losing connection to the router or what???  

The router is a Belkin N750, by the way...you'd think with it being Belkin it'd be happy. 

Please see my edit, above, and provide any additional advice or direction (other than contact Belkin...who then suggests to post here...). 

I have two Wemo Lightswitches that I installed and that were properly working yesterday.  Today, I decided to update the firmware based on the pop-up on my phone.  I did that and now...nothing.  I can't get anything to work at all.  My Echo won't discover them, my phone can't find them.  WTH is going on?  

How do I connect to my Wemo's at this point?  I've tried searching for the WiFi and it doesn't discover either switch.  I tripped the breaker on both of them and still nothing.  The yellow light is flashing on them, but nothing is happening.  I cannot connect.  Would love to go back and NOT update the firmware.

HELP!!

Community Manager

Try this and see if you can restore them and set it back up.  

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183

Regards,

Robert S.
Belkin Technical Support

I had the same issue as everyone here.

The REALLY annoying part was that I tried, for days, to connect my Wemo Switches, after changing my wireless routers SSID, using my iPhone.

Nothing that I tried worked ... and I tried all of the suggestions on this page.

Then, I tried with my Kindle Fire HDX (andriod OS), and it worked like a charm first time (which allowed me to use my iPhone again, as the iPhone app could simply recognize the switch setup performed by the andriod).

Anyone have the same experience as me? That is, is this a mobile OS issue?

Same issue (or very similar) here--lost all connectivity with Wemo switches via Amazon Echo & ultimatley rebooted all routers to default settings (all Apple routers) but still no completion of Wemo devices.  I can see them & control them in the app & when wifi is set to the device.  As soon as I connect to the main wifi signal, I lose the Wemo device.   Reset to factory settings, re-installed app, etc.  My phone is iPhone 6 & all firmware is OK.  Is it an iPhone iOS issue?  I am on Beta 9 but it worked before the crash today.

Holy crap--my problem was iOS 9 Beta was preventing me from using the Wemo app to re-install the devices after resetting my routers & home wifi network.

[ Edited ]

After a month of working perfectly, on Sunday, the WeMo app on my iPhone announced that there was an update for my WeMo switches.  I clicked the option to upgrade them.  The upgrade appeared to be running fine...and then went on and on and on.  Four hours later, I closed the app and went to bed.  Now, none of my switches are working.  I have reset them all, using the instructions on the website and in this forum.  While I can attach to their individual wi-fi networks, and name them via the iOS app, none of them can complete the last step: logging onto my home network.  Each time, the app says I should try reentering my wifi password.  I've tried 40 or 50 times over the last 3 days.

Yes, I am only attempting to do this with only one switch at a time.  Yes, I have deleted the WeMo app from my iPhone and reinstalled it.  Yes, my wifi is working. Yes, I am sure that I am entering my wifi network's password correctly.  Yes, the switches are less than 10' away from my router and the signal is very strong.

So, did the failed firmware update ruin my switches?  How can I get them replaced?

Hi! That was a detailed post. Have you tried rebooting the router? Are the lights on the devices blinking amber?

It's best if you'll provide also the following via email at WEMOCares@belkin.com:

• Make and model number of the router
  • Make and model of the access points (if there's any)
  • Wireless security mode and encryption type
  • Models of your WEMO devices
  • Full name
  • Phone number

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Same issue as everyone else...

Had the switch configured and working.  After power outage, switch was flashing yellow wifi icon and I could not see it on my android phone.  Tried all the steps here... nothing worked.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app my phone multiple times... still nothing.

Then picked up our ipad, launched the app, and there it was...  connected and working as it should.  It was prompting for a firmware update and that worked without issue.

Now when I launch android app, it doesn't find any of my devices.  According to the reviews on the play store, I'm not the only one seeing this.  Guess I'll just wait for an update and try again later.  At least I was able to use the ipad app.