WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

Having much the same issues .... I can see the link on my network but the app doesn't see it Unless I look at hardware info, then it sees it just fine but won't interact with it

Have you updated the app, Hassandabbagh? If you haven't, I suggest performing it. Once done, proceed with force closing and re-opening the app. Also, check the light on the device so we'll know the status of its connection.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I came across this thread and thought I would post the solution that worked for me.

I had an Asus Router with Tomato Firmware that I just could not get the WeMo Switch (old version) to connect to.  I also have an iPhone 6S+ that I was using to make this all work.  I was always able to connect my iPhone directly to the Wemo but the handoff to the Wifi router would always fail and I would not be able to see the Wemo.

I saw a comment where they used an older phone to set it up and this also worked for me.  Using an iPhone 5, I downloaded the newest version of the WeMo app.  Was able to setup the WeMo to the Asus Wifi on the first try and could control it from the iPhone 5 with no problems.  However, my iPhone6S+ still would not find the WeMo.  So I deleted the App from the phone and reinstalled it.  That worked and now the Wemo is on my Wifi Network with both phones able to control it.

The wemo switch works when using the wemo ap and the wemo network.  However I want this to work with the Echo.  The Echo is on a different network.    Amazon says that these work fine with the Echo but, I am not seeing a way to tell theWemo switch to change over to another network.

Do I just need to send them back?

Hi, ehanebuth. It is needed to reset the WEMO device if you'd like to associate it on a new network. Should you encounter troubles in connecting the Echo, it may be best to contact Amazon for the configuration steps.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support
WR

Same problem simple it is junk. The switches working 5 days after again from 4 2 not available 1 hour later change the picture 3 not available and so on.
Last update 3 hour update I played with my 4 switches 3 hours finally I get this to work.
Sorry only 1 day after all again offline.
All 4 place have full signal
And I did the same what you did and I repeat this sometimes 10 times all system testarting new setup complete.
I am tired to spend my time with this junk product wemo.
Send it back and get other ones simelar switch from GE available I hope they will work better

@WR
We replied to your other post. Please check it out.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I could not get my Android 6.01 phone to set up my WeMo switch.  It would connect, but it could never hand-off the WiFi settings successfully.

So, just like someone mentioned using an old iPhone, I used an old Android 4.4.4 tablet and it worked perfectly.

And as soon as the WeMo connected to my WiFi, it found a new WeMo firmware update.  Once the update was installed via my tablet, I was then able to successfully connect with my phone.

What a pain in the @$$!

C'mon WeMo, you've got to do better than that!  Fix your app to work with newer devices!  And please provide a Windows program that can do a setup as well.  We may not always have our old phones / tablets around to do the setup!

Seeing several posts about using an old phone to make these things connect.... what does one do when they have a Galaxy S7 and iPhone 6?  Just not use these?

Expert

@Scrb31

Hi, there should be no issues in using these new mobile devices. But if ever you encounter any problems with it, let us know

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support