WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo Set Up Problems - can't connect to WiFi

I have the same problem yesterday. Was the issue solved?
Expert

@folima

Can you please give some details about your issue? What troubleshooting steps have you done if any?

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support

I was struggling to get a new WEMO Light Switch to connect to our open wifi. Like- really struggling. Kept failing to connect no matter the number of times of device reset, no matter the mobile device I attempted to complete setup on (Samsung Galaxy S4 w/ Android 5, Kindle w/ Kindle 5). Always failing to connect to the network.

In one last desperate attempt I went to the router and set a static IP for the Switch. On my ASUS, you can find that area of configuration under 'LAN -> DHCP Server.' This solved the issue and the Switch automagically connected to the network as soon as the settings were applied.

My suggestion for those who are having problems: try assigning a static IP for the troublesome WEMO device.

My suggestion for Belkin/WEMO: try extending the DHCP / IP assigment timeout value.

Hello,

same problem as lots of peopl here. 

this is a brand new wemo power switch, arrived from amazon today.

plug it in, wait a bit, get flashing blue / amber alternating.

commect iPad to wemo AP

usimg version of the wemo app downloaded today, I run through the setup process and enter my wifi password

wait for about 3 minutes, the app tells me it failed to connect and to try again. 

Now the wemo is flashing amber only.

so far I have tried: re -entering password (about 5 time/s) power off and on again, full reset using the reset button whilst powering on then release the button and wait for 90 seconds, run through the whole process again (same result) and using the android app on two different phones (both Samsung)

anything else I can try or is this a brick I shall be sending back to amazon?

@Johns
Before you return the devices, we'd like to have one of our technicians contact you for further assistance. Just send us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the link to this forum as a reference.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I also have the same problem.

When I first got my Wemo less than 2 weeks ago the setup went fine.  I was able to link all devices.  But when I changed my my router and try adding it back again.  My wifi can't find it.  Did try doing firmware update and removing the plug and nothing worked.

@jaymd
Since you change your router, you will need to reset and configure the Wemo devices to your new wireless network. Make sure to uncheck/deselect "Remember Wi-Fi Settings" during the setup.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

sorted out my wifi problem with my belkin insight and all it took was a little insite.

put them back in the box and got my money back, job done should have done this a week earlir rather than wasting a whole week trying to fix there problems. 

now can i charge you for my time?

sorted out my wifi problem with my belkin insight and all it took was a little insite.

put them back in the box and got my money back, job done should have done this a week earlir rather than wasting a whole week trying to fix there problems. 

now can i charge you for my time?

perhaps belkin are going to start giving us old phones to to fix faulty products