WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo and BT Wholehome

[ Edited ]

I have several WeMo switches/insight switches  which i dug out of the cupboard today and found i was unable to connect them to the BT WholeHome 3 disc wifi network I have. I'm unable to reinitialise any of them to this wifi network..

All i get is 

"Sorry, your Wemo couldnt connect to tyour wifi. Make sure it is not out of range and try again [ok]" on the automated connect

and :The Wemo app was unable to connect to [wifiname] Please try re-entering yout password [ok]" when i try to select the network specifically. 

What diagnostic information or process is useful here?

I've already gonr to http://mybtdevice.home/steering.htm and disabled legacy steering 

thanks for any help

Re: WeMo and BT Wholehome

Hi, mikero2.
Try to properly reset your Wemo device by following the steps on this link. After restoring, you need to set it up again and uninstall then reinstall the Wemo App. If you have a dual-band router, make sure that it has a separate SSID. BTW, what's the LED status of the Wemo device?

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks,

Yes this is the process I followed to reset the devices.

It is a dual band router, what do you mean a separate SSID?

Wemo device is still in setup mode flashing orange blue now
Highlighted

If you have the same network name for both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks, we suggest you changing it to avoid conflict in connecting to the Wemo App. Also, can you try it on a different handheld device?

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support