WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo can't connect after power outage

I have 8 Wemo switches, 2 Wemo plugs & 2 Wemo dimmers. Every time I have a power failure the 8 Wemo switches need to be reset. This does not happen to the plugs or dimmers. This leads me to believe there is a software issue, especially since I began buying the switches first. Must I every time reset these? This should be corrected. Also, after the most recent software update (about a month ago) I had the same problem having to reset the switches. What am I to do? They are all (8) blinking yellow. I have the Orbi mesh router.

@jkpearson wrote:
I have 8 Wemo switches, 2 Wemo plugs & 2 Wemo dimmers. Every time I have a power failure the 8 Wemo switches need to be reset. This does not happen to the plugs or dimmers. This leads me to believe there is a software issue, especially since I began buying the switches first. Must I every time reset these? This should be corrected. Also, after the most recent software update (about a month ago) I had the same problem having to reset the switches. What am I to do? They are all (8) blinking yellow. I have the Orbi mesh router.

That shouldn't be the case. Allow our 2nd Level Support Team to further diagnose this matter. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and  Link to this Community thread for reference.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Same issue here. All of the Wemo Switch issues are unbelieveable, especially at their price point. How does a problem like this persist for so long?

Hi, Izzy.

We appreciate your feedback. Know that our Development team is committed to fixing all the existing bugs. Since it's a power outage, the device will experience a temporary disconnection. Normally the device will have a hard time connecting back to the network. If the issue occurs, make sure that you have a stable connection to your network. Check the remote access if it's still connected, power cycle for 10-15 seconds, and try moving it to a different power outlet.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@PamelaBianca_Mwrote:

Hi, Izzy.

We appreciate your feedback. Know that our Development team is committed to fixing all the existing bugs. Since it's a power outage, the device will experience a temporary disconnection. Normally the device will have a hard time connecting back to the network. If the issue occurs, make sure that you have a stable connection to your network. Check the remote access if it's still connected, power cycle for 10-15 seconds, and try moving it to a different power outlet.

Wow, really?  That IS good news.

"Know that our Development team is committed to fixing all the existing bugs."

Excellent.  

The wemo link is still unstable, still loses bulbs almost daily and it's been a few years.  And we don't have a way to supported bulbs to the latest firmware.

The wemo maker isn't on the list for a KRACK firmware fix, and you haven't fixed it on the other "suppoted' products yet either like the slow cooker and coffee maker.

I hope you really mean the "all" part and that I'm not confusing "committed" with "capable".

"Normally the device will have a hard time connecting back to the network."

This is really funny, and nice that you've finally acknowledged it on this board.  It IS normal for wemos, but not for ANY other wifi device.  See above - this would also be a good bug to fix as part of your committment!

"try moving it to a different power outlet."

Because?  Because the power outage may have damaged the outlet?  The wemos were already working there, why would they need to be moved?  Will belkin pay for the electrician to move the lightswitches?

"power cycle for 10-15 seconds"

Wait, isn't a power cycle what caused the problem in the first place?  Einstein might suggest this is as evidence of insanity.

I traveled out of home and anter 6 hour of power outage all my 8 wemos are greyed on app. This happened on every power outage.

- My Wifi is 2.4

- My app is ok. I reset it recently

- Other IoT products lik my 2 Sonoff´s just back okey after power outage

Please advice

Expert

Hello, @yecarrillo.

Most of the Wemo products are designed to revert to OFF state after a power outage for safety purposes.

Good thing that you made it to work again. But, you can just reboot and turn on the device manually without resetting it.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

So, here it is, 14 months later, and this is STILL an issue. After weeks of inconsistent issues with our WeMo, and an hour on the phone with a tech we finally get it working, only to have a 1 sec power blip, and the WeMo can't connect... I can't beleive I have put up with this problem product for so long, Why do I continue to think we're actually going to get it to work right, when we need it to? Anyone else feel this way? What product SHOULD I buy to replace this one? Ideas? 

[ Edited ]

"the WeMo SHOULD connect..."

ha, ha, ha.... 

I found a solution .... replace all my Wemo gear with Aeotec Z-Wave Plus gear connected to a Vera Plus HAC.

It all works rather well with Amazon Alexa too.

Bye Wemo, was fun while it lasted!