WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo insight switch goes off line after state change

I have 7 existing Belkin Smart Switches and after some difficulties setting them up, are all working in my Bellkin WeMo app (v1.19.1 (133)). They are all on a private wireless network which has no Internet access. (note on my background and setting up the swtiches: I have over 20 years of design work and troubleshooting experience with TCP/IP and networks, yet setting up the switches gave me some challenges. I can easily see how a casual user would have loads of problems.)

The Smart Switches show up when I open the WeMo app, and I can turn them off if they are currently on, or I can turn them on if they are off at will. I also have a rule running to one of them which also works flawlessly.

So I purchased 2 WeMo Insight switches for some additional uses (I actually bought 3, but have yet to unbox the last one given the problems I ran into with the first 2). After setting the new Belkin Insight switches up on my private network, they also can be turned off if they are on, or turned on if they are off using the Belkin WeMo app. But as soon as I change their state, they are set to "Inactive" in the app. If I close the WeMo app, and reopen it, the switch will again appear active. That is until I again change it's state again.

Switch firmware info and WeMo app version info to follow:

===============================================================

Belkin WeMo app V1.19.1 (133)

WeMo-Insight-952 WeMo_WW_2.00.3007.PVT
    WeMo-Insight-EA0 WeMo_WW_2.00.3007.PVT
    WeMo Smart Switch-46E WeMo_WW_2.00.10062.PVT-OWRT-SNS
    WeMo Smart Switch-E16 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
    WeMo Smart Switch-171 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
    WeMo Smart Switch-A01 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
    WeMo Smart Switch-D05 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
    WeMo Smart Switch-B57 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
    WeMo Smart Switch-B83 WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

===============================================================

Intersting facts discovered and included only for trouble shooting purposes as I expect the non-Belkin apps would not be supported here. All 9 of my Belkin switches show up and function flawlessly when using the the "WeMo Widgets" app from Pianoware. It's a nice app, but it only can be used to turn on/off the switches. It does not have rules or ability to edit the parameters of a given switch.

The new Switches do not show up at all in the "HomeInTouch" app from Smart Home Apps.

The new Belkin Insight Switches are the only switches discovered when scanned by the "WeMo Widgets" app from Fast Random Inc.(Go figure).

Upgrading any firware would be a challenge since all of the switches are on a private wireless network which has no Interenet access.

Please advise. 
flk k

Re: WeMo insight switch goes off line after state change

Thank you for the knowledge we have shared to us to use it. For changing the insights of WeMo

Ruby888

Highlighted

Re: WeMo insight switch goes off line after state change

Hi, fkleinbuThe network with no internet access might have caused your switches to go offline on the WEMO App whenever you change their state. Please try connecting them to a network with internet access, update their firmware, and observe if the same thing happens. We also recommend that you keep your devices online so you can update them when needed.

As for the availability of the switches through widgets, the current firmware of your WEMO devices might not have complied with the requirements of the applications. However, you might need to contact the developer for discussion on this.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support