WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

I'm having the same problem as others. The rules I've made don't work. I just installed the switch today. It works fine via the app and Alexa, but the rule as will not work. I've tried deleting them and recreating them with no luck. I'm kind ready to give up and return the switch.

Have the exact same problem... I am wondering why Wemo support is sending private messages instead of giving the solution for all to see???

I am having same problem with rules. Light will turn on with rule but will not turn off. I can turn off manually using the app

I have a WeMo mini device, and it works well except for one. Serious problem.

When I first got the WeMo Mini, I programmed some test timers to see how it would interact and demonstrate to the family so easy to set up was. I then had the application delete all the timers and set up our to long-term timers for the living room.

The two timers that are visible work perfectly, unfortunately the test and then all timers are not visible but are still actively turning the light off and on at the original times. I have tried every variation from device reset followed by factory reset and factory reset follow my device reset and boar that I can come up with and have been unable to get the original hidden rules to disappear. They are not visible in the app even if I configure the device with a new name or count it still remembers the original hidden timers.
I like the WeMo mini very much and be visible timer works perfectly with sunrise for my location, but the hidden rules that cannot be deleted, and 2 rounds of technical support chat rooms have gotten me nowhere. I currently have no choice but to return the device and get a new one then simply program one time the timers I want to use to make this helpful and not feel like our light in the living room is haunted.

Thank you,
Christopher Claxton
Zwergin

I too can not get the schedule to work it worked for a couple days now doesn’t very disappointed

I am having the same trouble and also having similar issues with light bulbs and insight
Highlighted

Hi, All. If you are still having issues with your WEMO Light Switch not following the created rules, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers check on your case. Please include providing us your phone number, location (state & country), community username, and the link to this thread for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I feel this post has turned into the #MeToo post. I am a little frustrated that I put money into 2 wemo plugins and a light switch. I have 1 of those plugins controlling outside lights to turn on and off at a certain time each day. Problem being is they shut off at random times. I have to turn them back on through Alexa. I wiped the app from my iPhone and reinstalled but it is still shutting off at random times. Y'all need to fix this!  Thank you.