WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo light switch not following rules

[ Edited ]

I have two WeMo light switches controlling outside lights with several rules in the iOS app. The switches usually turn on when the rule tells them to but often turn off even though the rule says it is still active. I can turn them on with the app but then they don't turn off when the rule ends.

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

Yep, I get similar issues.... Rule says active but the switch is off.
If this basic option doesn't work I have wasted a lot of money on these!
Expert

Hi PCartland and Leethal,

We took note of your experiences. We would like to take care of this ASAP. Please check your inbox for my message.

Victor
WEMO Support Team

ddp

I have the same issue with the Wemo light switch not following the rule I established.

What's the fix?

I have tried deleting the rule and recreating it, resetting the Wemo light switch, downloading the latest app, etc. I still doesn't turn on/off at the designated times. Works fine when I manually turn it on/off using the app.

Do the rules I create get uploaded to Belkin and commands issued from there instead of from my LAN/mobile phone?

Expert

We sent you a private message, ddp.

I have also have two wemo switches controlling lamps. I can use the App to turn the lamps on and off, but the simple on until rules do not work rules have not effect despite the app suggesting they are active. This seems a common and fundamental flaw that challenges the whole point of the devices.

Have you tried re-creating the Rules? Check for Rule Conflicts too.

I'm having the exact same issue with the WeMo light switches.  They turn on 15 mins after sunset but do not turn off at the time specified in the rule.  They will turn off at random times after the rule should have ended.  If anyone has a fix, please let me know.

How about if you set a couple of Rules only (temporarily disable some of the existing Rules to avoid conflict), does the Rules trigger correctly? Be sure to load the latest firmware on your WEMO devices then call Support for assistance. 

WEMO Sucks, I have had more problems with WEMO light switchs than I even care to mention, I've got 4 of them, 2 I just turn off and on using my iPhone, they work great, but using the rule for Sunrise and Sunset, terrible, in the middle of the day, they kick on, I have cameras so I can see them, today alone I had to Manually cut them off TWICE, because they kicked on for some unknown reason, what in the HELL could be so hard about getting this right??? What do the WEMO engineers do all day? Play cards? Cause they sure as hell ain't working on WEMO rules issues.....I have deleted the rules and recreated them....still doesn't work, I have tried even deleting the WEMO app and reinstalling it, still no dice......If your looking to purchase WEMO products do yourself a favor and DON'T, you will be sorry, Customer service is a joke, if your lucky enough to even get a person that can speak english, and then half the time...."We'll call you back"...........Yea, right....

stay away from WEMO...