WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

@cueball101

Hi! If you've already tried all the suggestions from this thread, but still have
the same issue, we would like to have our Support Team call you to sort it out.

Just email us at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following contact details:

- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Country and Time zone
- preferred time of the call

Please include the link to this thread and your username for reference.

Rique - 22312
Wemo Technical Support

It seems like the latest update broke the rules feature since none of my rules which used to work reliable now function.

Tried it on both the IOS version (iPhone 6, v10.1.1) or Android (Nexus 6P, 7.0 w/Nov 2016 Security Patch level).

I have several WeMo Light Switches and WeMo switches, all  the latest OTA firmware:

WeMo_WW_2.00.10885.PVT-OWRT-SNS

WeMo_WW_2.00.10885.PVT-OWRT-LS

Android app is 1.16 (90)

IOS app is 1.16.1 (400002)

What's this about a "private fix" (beta?) that's available?

Does not follow the rules and cannot see rule page !? Just showing update now but I cannot update !, When click to update it jumps to "more" page. Very bad and useless device after application updated

Expert

@ weictay

We don’t have information about private fix. But we will check on that though.

@ weictay & jeffwalters45

Please delete all existing rules & create them again.

Let us know if that helped.

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support

I have the same problem since the last firmware update.

Rules are not followed by the Smart Switches I have.

The firmware in one of my 5 WEMO smart switches is WEMO_WW_2.00.9950.PVT-OWRT-SNS

AND MY iOS version is 1.16.1(400002)  

I have don all this things:

1) I tried reinstalling the WEMO app

2) I have reseted the smart switches and reinstalled it several times

3) I have reduced the number of characters of my wifi network password

4) I deleted all the rules and created new and simple ones 

Cannot even see Rules to be able either change or delete !, all I see when I click on icon Rules is: Wemo need a fine tuning and I can click on update now but it take me to page : " more" and that's all. What I should do now ? I had no issue at all till recent automatic application upgrade from Wemo for iPhone 6S, appreciate your support. Jeff

Make sure put your comments in any store that you have purchase these switched to help others to don't waste their money, I am going to return few of these switches to Bestbuy !

[ Edited ]

Same issue.  I just bought 4 new WeMo Insights and they do NOT follow the rules.  I've deleted/recreated rules using both the 'on until...' and 'on/off' rules.  I've tried this over a span of multiple nights to get it working.  Latest app version is installed.  Clearlly these devices are NOT ready for prime time.  You should take a note out of the philips hue products' notebook.  Their timers ALL work flawlessly.  WeMo is extremely unimpressive thus far.  If I can't get resolution to this quickly, they're all going back to amazon in exchange for a dlink smartplug.  I have friends who use their products without issue. To reiterate i've deleted and recreated rules multiple times with no luck.  I can easily turn the outlets on/off via the app so I know it's not a communication issue.

Out of curiosity, where are these rules stored (I assume just locally on my phone inside the app)?  Why do you not have a centralized 'cloud' location with account access for rules?  If both my wife and I want to use/create rules it seems as though we can only do it from one phone or otherwise risk conflicts.  Also, if I have to uninstall / reinstall the app I lose all rules I created.  Same deal if I upgrade/change phones.  Another giant flaw in your design.  No reputable vendor would expect these settings to be maintained locally.

Last quesiton, does turning these outlets on/off manually while there are rules applied affect the function of the rules?  Rules should always override manual operation, just wanted to confirm this behavior.

As an aside for other users - I sent an email to WeMocares@belkin.com <- no response.  Perhaps the email should be wemodoesntcare@belkin.com? Smiley Wink

Same here. Bought 5. No rules work. About to ship them a back to amazon.