WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

The same problems by me too!!!
After last update the rules do what they want, not what I want! For example they turn on the switch 2h later as I that want. Turn off? I can't forgot it, that it happens automatically :-( I do this manually!!!

Make sure your Time Zone settings are for a major city in your time zone - I live in a smaller town in the Mountain Time Zone and had to manually set the zone to Denver to get WeMo to recognize the correct time.

A firmware update broke something in the sunrise/sunset functionality a couple months ago. After I manually set on and off times my random on/off issues stopped. Why they haven't been able to fix it and push out a new update is frustrating, as is why they won't come out and specifically tell people to not use sunrise/sunset modes except in private messages. I was excited to use Wemo at first but the breaking of features and slow fixes are becoming frustrating. I've got about $300 invested in WeMo products but I'm seriously considering abandoning WeMo for another platform. 

I think it's best to consult the Support team and have them take a look at your WEMO network so they can walk you through the solution.

Your kidding, right? Have you not been READING all the posts prior to yours..............I have called a dozen or more times the people there are FRICKIN' IDIOTS!!!! what part of all this don't you understad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The wemo app for sunrise/sunset does NOT work......get it, they don't work, every single day my lights come on about 1pm and i have to go and manually turn them off, now you tell me what the HELL is automatic about that???? OH, I gues automatically screwed up....

Expert

Hi @pokesr, we're sorry to hear this. Let's get you to our 2nd level tech. Please PM me your contact details (Name, Phone, Email and Location) so we can create/associate any existing cases for you. Thanks!

OK, I'll do that, but just to let you know, I just looked at my WEMO App on my phone and One of the lights is on (it's 2:13 in the afternoon) and one of them shows not detected, see this is the kind of SH*T I'm talking about......WHY?? Why is this doing this kind of CRAP.....Why can't the Folks over at WEMO and the folks that do the App get thier act together and make this issue work, people have paid allot of money on the WEMO stuff and they shouldn't have to put up with JUNK!!!!

I have excactly the same pr;oblem "I have tried deleting the rule and recreating it, resetting the Wemo light switch, downloading the latest app, etc. I still doesn't turn on/off at the designated times. Works fine when I manually turn it on/off using the app.

Do the rules I create get uploaded to Belkin and commands issued from there instead of from my LAN/mobile phone?"

I reset several times. I can turn on and off from my phione, but rules don't aply. I even tryied with a second phone. an iphone. same thing. And I dont undersatand we you should send a private mesage and not post the solution here.

please help

Have you checked if the firmware of the WEMO light Switch updated? The rules that you created is actually uploaded in the WEMO cloud. Make sure that the firmware of the switch is updated.

Check this link for the new firmwares: http://community.wemothat.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/New-WEMO-Firmware-Rollout-7-30-2015/td-p/12603

Hope this helps.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I am also having the same problems. However i have not updated the firmware and will do so when i return home.

I have exactly two rules, one to turn on at a specific time (which does not work because I also have a camera and have watched for several hours and the switch will not turn on), and another to turn of art a set time after the south turns on - this works, but I have to manually turn it on.

Wemo needs logging functionality - this is lacking. As a programmer, all my apps had this critical function built into it - unless it's in Wemo but I missed it.

Anyway once I upgrade the firmware I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Currently running one switch (to see how it performs). App Version is 1.13 and Firmware Version is WeMo_WW_2.00.8643.PVT-OWRT-LS.

...sorry for spelling errors, doing this on a phone. Running the app on Android 5.0.1 and Samsung Galaxy S4.