WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

We would greatly appreciate an update about the challenge, Meontheweb. However, I would suggest that you perform a factory reset. You can also do the following steps: 

* Force close the app 

* Clear cache/data 

* Uninstall and reinstall the app  

With regard to the logging functionality, rest assured that WEMO will continue to evolve. Feel free to post your suggestion or ideas here.  

@Jonah_L I saw a similar question to mine but I did not see it answered:
If I enable a rule, for example to turn on the A/C at 4pm and off at 11:30pm - IF the wifi is down or there is a connectivity/discovery issue (that happens all too often) at say 11:25pm-11:45pm would the switch realize (and turn on/off) at 11:46pm ? Or does the wifi connection need to be constant for the on off times?

BONUS QUESTION: if say I want the Wemo insight switch to go off on Friday night at 11:30pm - I create a rule for Friday that it should go on at 4pm off at 11:30pm- but what if the device is already on at 4pm, does that throw anything off?

Thanks in advance!
Simcha
Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi there, Simcha! Let me help. The WEMO has an ability to store the rules in its system. It will still follow the rule with or without Wi-Fi access. To answer your second question, the trigger (power OFF at 11:46) will still follow as scheduled.

Andy - 10823
WEMO Technical Support

I have the most simple rules and they only work maybe 1 in every 10 times I have updated them but it still doesn't help

Hi Cbush86! Is the app up to date? Have you tried to delete and recreate the rules? Share also the rules you've created so we can help you accordingly.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I have two light switches and both do not follow the rules. I've deleted and recreated but have the same results. Anyone have a fix?

Hi, @Hightide185. Let's figure out what's going on. Was the rules working fine before or is this the first time you've created them? What's the current version of your WEMO app?

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

It has never worked since I purchased them this past summer.  App version is 1.13.4 (30099).   I recreated the rules and monitored again last night but have the same results.  Device show rules enabled but my webcam shows my lights are off.  The rules are simple.  Turn on at "x" and turn off at "x"

Dennis - any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

Sounds odd, Hightide185. It looks like the Light Switch is not responding. Please provide your contact details (full name, phone number and email address) and send it to WEMOCares@belkin.com so that we can create a case for you and forward it to our Customer Assurance Team for further assistance. Don't forget to include the current firmware version of your light switch along with the link to this community thread for our reference. We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support