WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

I never expected to see so many complaints about the "Rules" not working. So disappointed in this product. I can turn the lamp on my nightstand directly from my phone using the WEMO app; so I know the WEMO device is connected to the internet.

When you set up a rule, does it work immediately or does it take time to "take". I set a rule this morning for my lights to turn on when I got home, and when I walked in, my lamp was off. I walked into a dark apartment!!! Grrrrr. 

I did a firmware update (which it needed upon first time set-up), yet it did nothing. I got the WEMO in the mail yesterday and was so excited to try it out and now am frustrated. 

Expert

We understand how you feel about this, cjs33139. Please allow us to help. I suggest that you do the following steps:

* Delete and create the rules again
* In case it will do the same thing, please uninstall and reinstall the app
* After that, reset the WEMO Light Switch and reconfigure it
* You can also use another handheld to further isolate the challenge

Let us know if that won't work. You may send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following details:

* WEMO app and firmware version
* OS version of the handheld device/s
* Contact information
* Community link and username

Hello. My rules start and stop correctly but not synchronised with MY time but with the GMT time. Here in France we are at GMT+1 but all of my rules start 1 hour too soon. I selected "my place " but it doesnt work better . A solution? Thanx.

I am new to the WEMO App in IOS whan  go to the rules window the first thing I see is "TURN OFF" and when I try to set up a rule to turn the light on at sunset and off at 11:00PM the light comes on at sunset but goes off a minute later. How do I turn off the "TURN OFF" function so that the app will respond to my rule of (on at sunset and off at 11:00PM)

Expert

Hi artarl62.  I suggest that you delete the rule and recreate it. Please check out this link

Thank you, deleting the rule and redoing it worked. Smiley Happy and the link was a help.

My rules on my WEMO Link controlled two light bulbs come on at the correct time too but will not go off at the right time and stay on all night.

I also have a light switch that I had hoped would turn my porch light on and off per a rule but it does not even come on per the rule. I can turn the light switch on/off with my smartphone so know it is on the WIFI.

I have deleted the app and downloaded it again but this did not help.

I will try to delete the current rules and make new ones and see if this does any good.

Any other ideas?

Expert

Hi, mrb12549. May we know what rules you have for your WEMO devices? Has it worked before? Do you have the latest WEMO app version? Please try to perform the following steps:

1. Delete the rules.

2. Try to select Reset Name, Rules & Data. You can refer to this link

3. Force close and relaunch the WEMO app.

4. Recreate the rules.

Let us know of any updates.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I updated my Wemo devices a few days ago with latest firmware and now I am having this issue as well. How can you guys KEEP having this problem every time?? Its really a joke , no really it is. I have reset my switch, uninstalled the software and still the rules are not working. And Belkin want to become leaders in Internet of Things? heh.. yeah.. 

Not impressed. Have left my reviews online and have quickly emailed friends who were thinking of getting WeMo to think again. 

Hi, kiwibri. Let's isolate this. Have you tried the suggested steps of Kristine_j? We also suggest to try it on another handheld or wireless device to check if you're getting the same challenge. Let us know the results so we can help. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support