WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

[ Edited ]

jay_d wrote:

Hi, kiwibri. Let's isolate this. Have you tried the suggested steps of Kristine_j? We also suggest to try it on another handheld or wireless device to check if you're getting the same challenge. Let us know the results so we can help. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

Ok, hang on. I'll go out and buy a iPhone and another Android and try this.  ;-)

Yes, I have followed the suggested steps of Kristine_j:

1. Delete the rules.

2. Try to select Reset Name, Rules & Data. You can refer to this link

3. Force close and relaunch the WEMO app.

4. Recreate the rules.

I've done this more than 4 times. :-\ 

Hence my frustration.

I am on vacation in a few days and the point of having the automation work while away was critical. 

Anyway, I will try and find another device and see if I can set it up from there tonight. I'm also aware that next weekend is daylight savings change in the US and Canada. So if I get this working, what the bet It will be off by another hour after daylight savings changes??. Its happened to me before, so I speak from experience.  

@kiwibri
Let us know how it goes. As for the daylight saving changes, it should adjust immediately since this issue was already fixed in a previous firmware update.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

ok. So i managed to get an iPhone and installed the WeMo App. Created new rules etc. Any rules based on SunSet do not work. I managed to get a couple rules to work based on fixed times. I also noticed if you turn on a light at 11:50pm and want it off 20mins later, say at 12:10am , that rule wont work for the turning off. 

It seems to be a crapshoot if a rule will work. I cant go borrowing peoples iPhones or devices to program the Wemo system.

Is this known issue being looking into - it always seems we are told to uninstall and recreate rules as a solution. Not really a solutiuon.,

Email us at WEMOCares@belkin.com, Kiwibri. We'll have the level 2 Support team look into this. In the message, we'd appreciate if you'll include the following:

• iOS version of the iPhone/s
  • WEMO app version
  • Firmware of the WEMO device
  • Full name
  • Phone number
WEMO Technical Support

It would be spectacular if people actually mentioned in their post what worked...
TL; DR.
What *didn't* work for me: all the painfull stuff
Factory default
Resetup
New rules under specific types Inc time on only...

What ended up fixing it for me:
Uninstalling app.
Reinstalling app
Resetup rules... Some annoying things with it not actually using the time I specified at creation but editing after corrected that... Done
BTW Android Marshmallow and wemo 1.14 on Nexus 6...
Yes wemo has issues but pls post what fixes issues so others don't waste an hour of their life
Methinks the app is saving something weird

Ok, I just got back from being away, and had to pretty much control my lights manually. Any rules that were working were off by 3 hrs - because I was in another timezone I figure. I had gone from EST to PST. I logged  into wemo to check my timers/lights. It looks like the Wemo App then pushes the time from my device (PST) to the Wemo Devices!! agh!  so that means a timer for 8pm will then go at 11pm instead in EST.   I had to manually switch lights on and off . 

I verified all this by watching via my WebCam .

So, is this timezone issue another whole issue?

I'll post the Wemo device and App details as requested soon.

Thanks for the update, kiwibri. Reach out to us via email so we can endorse your case to our second level support team for further assistance. Don't forget to include your contact details and the link to this Community thread for reference. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

My switches do not turn on at the scheduled time.....I can manually turn them on with the app but never turn on with the rules....,this negates the reason I purchased them....HELP!!!!!

I had the same issue and asked WeMo.  The final answer was to create two separate rules.  One rule for on and one rule for off.  Not the ideal solution since this is clearly a bug with the WeMo switch and the single on/off rule.   The two rule trick does seem to work.   Very disappointed that WeMo cannot fix this simple issue.   

Expert

Hi, Michaelsharry. Let's isolate this. What is the specific rule that you have set? 

Hi, Hightide185. We have reviewed your previous posts and we would like to verify this. Was the device set to "on until time" ? 

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support