WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

I also have wemo and had to be the most unreliable and crappy product ever made. Spend so much time trying to make it work. ...i suppose belkin do not realize by law you have to make a product fit for its purpose. ..well these products are not in so many ways. ...would never recommend to buy as you would be wasting your money

We don't want you to feel that way, simplyau. Give us a chance to make it up to you and assist you with the challenges that you have with your WEMO device. Tell us the details of what happened and email it to us at WEMOCares@belkin.com so that we can provide proper assistance. Don't forget to include the link to this community thread along with your community username for our reference. We'll wait for your response.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I am posting my comments to this growing list of complaints. I have multiple WeMo switches at multiple locations each controlled by separate Android devices. Only one of the switches continues to follow the sunset/sunrise rule that was initially established and I haven't tried to change. I have tried to completely reset the switches that are not working to no avail and customer support is worthless. So anyone thinking about buying one of these switches needs to think twice.

Hi! We understand how you feel and we'll help you figure this out. To make sure that we've understood the situation, are you only having challenges with your WEMO devices in a remote location? Since you cannot create rules remotely, we'd like to know if their firmware has been updated as it wasn't mentioned in your conversation with the Support team

By the way, are they all insight switches (model: F7C029)? How may of them are affected by the non-functional sunset/sunrise rule? Also, please check if the app is up to date.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I have created a rule and the switxh doesn ´t follow it - aaˇny sugesstion?

Rebooting the switch can possibly make it follow the rule/s you've created, ToRtiK. Check also if it is running on the latest firmware.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

Tryed rebooting/restornig - new rules - nothing works... the rules JUST DON'T WORK

[ Edited ]

What's the firmware version of the switch? It has to be updated so that it'll work properly. To further isolate this challenge, you can also use another handheld device to create rules and observe how it goes.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue. My light switch rules work fine for turn on but they don't turn off in the morning as defined in the rules. Belkin, please post a solution for public use.

Have you updated the firmware of the light switch, Kevinfielder4? If you haven't, it may help to resolve this challenge. The latest version is 10487.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support