WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WeMo light switch not following rules

I have a couple bulbs that I have tried deleting the rule and recreating it, resetting the Wemo light bulb, downloading the latest app, etc. But the bulbs still doesn't turn on/off at the designated times. Works fine when I manually turn it on/off using the app. Any suggestions?

Hi, bfweber. Let's get this sorted out. Were you able to successfully create the rules or not? What's the current version of your WEMO app? Is it up to date? How about the firmware of your WEMO Light Switch? At this point, we suggest that you force close the app, uninstall/reinstall then try to create the rules again. Here's an article that will help you how. Try using another handheld device for further isolation. Keep us updated with the results.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the same prohlems with some switches not turning on at all. I agree wemo has a lot of issues and many incompetent engineer who do not address the issues.
Expert

Hi, philc. We'd like to further check on this. Can you control the WEMO Switches through your WEMO app? If you can, may we know what specific rule was set for these devices? Have you tried setting a location on the WEMO app? By the way, we have also replied to your other post. Here's the link.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I have same with wemo swithces. They work from app but the rule is useless
Expert

Hi, Cdicollored. We'd like to verify this. Has it worked before? Have you tried deleting and recreating the rule? Make sure as well that you have the latest firmware version for your WEMO Switches. 

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I have two Light switchs for outside lights and controlled by rules, all worked well untul my last firmware update (~5/31/16), since then my lighst will turn on as scheduled but will not turn off using the on/off rule that was created.

The application will turn on / off the lights with no problem, but riles ore ON event only.  How do I resolve this issue?

Expert

Hi, switch2. We suggest that you delete and recreate the rules. Once done, force close and relaunch the WEMO app. Observe how it goes and update this thread for any results.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

I am suffering exactly the same issues as above with ghe addition that recipes through IFTTT also do not work.
For a long time I have promised to myself that I would not buy Belkin as they always promise lots of nice features which inevitably don't work..... And here i am again, why do i never learn!
I suspect from the comments above I will mot get any response on this issue?!?!
Expert

Hi, Passionfruit. We'd like to further check on this. Has it worked before? We suggest that you delete and recreate the rules. Once done, please do the same process for the recipes. Make sure as well that you have the latest firmware version for your WEMO devices.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support