WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WeMo mini shows as connected to Apple Home app in WeMo app but doesn’t appear in Home app

My WeMo mini shows as connected to the Apple Home app in the WeMo app (shows up in the “Connected” list) but doesn’t appear when I open the Home app. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the WeMo app and rebooting my router, my iPhone and my iPad but the same situation persists. Help!

Re: WeMo mini shows as connected to Apple Home app in WeMo app but doesn’t appear in Home app

In other words, if I
1) open the WeMo app
2) tap on the “More“ button
3) tap “Connect to Apple Home App“
4) tap “Get Started“
My Wemo mini shows up underneath the “Connected“ list, and there is a gray checkmark next to it. But when I open the Home app, my WeMo mini does not appear.

Re: WeMo mini shows as connected to Apple Home app in WeMo app but doesn’t appear in Home app

@AndrewOfTheFor wrote:
My WeMo mini shows as connected to the Apple Home app in the WeMo app (shows up in the “Connected” list) but doesn’t appear when I open the Home app. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the WeMo app and rebooting my router, my iPhone and my iPad but the same situation persists. Help!

That seems odd. We'd like to verify if the firmware is up-to-date. Also, what's the LED light status of the Wemo device? Can you control the device using the Wemo app? For further isolation, try to power cycle the Wemo device, and check if that'll make any difference. Make sure to force close the HomeKit, and Wemo app before doing so.  

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

The Firmware is:
WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2
The LED is off.
I can control device using the WeMo app.
I power cycled the Wemo device, force closed the HomeKit, and WeMo apps, but this did not resolve the issue :’( .  

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same issue! out of 6 wemo mini smart plugs, i have gotten 1 to work..(added to my apple home)

i plug them in, add them to the wemo app, wait for and then install the new firmware, and then restarrt the wemo app to add/connect them to my apple home, and it tries, and says connecting, but then fails. and there is no option to try again, and then the plus says it's connected, but its not.. only way to resolve the app from displaying that is to reset to defaults, and re-add to wemo app. i have done this 6 times now, and i have only been able to get 1 to work.

firmware is WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

AndrewOfTheFor & dVIAN,

Try to perform a reset using the Wemo App. Make sure to select the option: Erase all Contents and Settings. Please also refer to this link for the instructions. If this still won't resolve the issue, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details so we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further:

• Phone Number
  • Location (State & Country)
  • OS version of your handheld device
  • Wemo App version
  • Community Username
  • Link to this post for reference
Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

AndrewOfTheFor, If we may ask, were you able to enable the Home Data permission on the Wemo app? If the Home Data is disabled in the app, your Wemo device will not appear in the Apple Home app.

You may also try to disable/enable the remote access in the app. Hope it helps.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

you bet!  Yes, I can confirm that permission was given to the WeMo app to access Home Data.

I have the same problem. Perhaps this may further the discussion along. It appears you cannot have multiple iCloud accounts accessing the same Wemo Mini plugs in Apple’s HomeKit. For example, I was successful in setting up my Wemo Mini plugs in HomeKit on MY iPhone connected to MY iCloud account. When I tried to set up the same Wemo Mini plugs in the HomeKit app on my wife’s iPhone, I encountered the problem described in this thread. There were checks in my Wemo app showing my Mini Plugs were connected to the HomeKit App, but those devices do not appear in the Apple HomeKit app. I reset the Mini plugs and set them up using the Wemo App on my wife’s iPhone and then connected them to HomeKit. They now DO appear in her iPhone’s HomeKit app! But, now I can’t access those Mini plugs on MY iPhone using HomeKit app! On MY iPhone’s Wemo app, the Mini Plugs have checks next to them showing they’re connected to my HomeKit app. But they do not show up in my HomeKit app. I wonder if the original poster was also trying to have HomeKit functionality on two iOS devices associated with different iCloud accounts. This is a disappointing limitation of HomeKit functionality for Wemo Mini plugs is my analysis is correct.