WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo App Freezes at Settings > Settings & About > Check Firmware

Hi, wedge56. Please make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version. Are you still experiencing the same issue even if you use a different handheld device? If you haven't tried, please do so for isolation purposes.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Same problem here using Galaxy @y Edge Rev 0.7 and Software Versoin G935PVPS5BRA1

Hi, BriRich. Does the issue still persist even after uninstalling/reinstalling the Wemo App? May we know what App version you're using? Make sure it's the latest one.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I am the original poster of this thread.  I worked with support for some time on this issue.  They never found a solution but it is definetly an app problem.  At one point I added a Wemo smart plug to my system and the problem went away.  I have since moved that smartplug to a different network and the app freeze problem has returned.  This issue is well over a year old now.

Nice to see I'm not the only one...

Oh, and yes, Mods, I reinstalled the app (which implies it would be the lastest version on the Store as of this post)...four times. It doesn't work. Even went and installed it on my Nexus 5X to see if the newer Android OS would fix it...nope.

Sigh...guess I'll have to wait until the roast is done to look at the MAC address on the device (since I can't get to the Hardware Info section in Settings).

@illutian wrote:

Nice to see I'm not the only one...

Oh, and yes, Mods, I reinstalled the app (which implies it would be the lastest version on the Store as of this post)...four times. It doesn't work. Even went and installed it on my Nexus 5X to see if the newer Android OS would fix it...nope.

Sigh...guess I'll have to wait until the roast is done to look at the MAC address on the device (since I can't get to the Hardware Info section in Settings).

Have you tried to reboot the Wemo device to check if the issue still persists? If that won't work, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Username, Location (City/State), and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

Well, the only WeMo device I have right now is the Crockpot. So it's been "rebooted" like 6 times since I got it (couple of weeks ago).

(( I really like my roasts. Smiley Tongue ))

My guess, seeing as how the OP said they got it to work by using a WeMo Switch, is that the 'partnered WeMo' devices that aren't actually made by Belkin have something wrong with them that either prevents their information from being relayed to the WeMo App or that information isn't even being provided and the app just sits there waiting.

((Which means the App Devs need to make a way to 'cancel' the info request that's made when you go into Settings.)

WEMO Maker Inventor

Does indeed sound like an app bug.  Good luck getting support to understand that, let alone admit, recreate, and fix it...  The OP tried and it's more than a year since then...

On new androids use that "box" button next to the home button, and remove it from the running app list.  Or use the home button and the app manager to force stop it.  You can find the crockpot IP and MAC in your router status.