WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo App Freezes at Settings > Settings & About > Check Firmware

[ Edited ]

I posted about this back in January and the problem still isn't fixed four months later.  If you go to "Settings & About" the Wemo app for Android hangs and freezes.  I have tried it on four separate devices and on two separate systems with the same result.  There is currently no way to check and update firmware.  This is on a system that has only crockpots and coffee makers.  I can't even tell if the firmware is up to date or not because I have no access to the "Settings & About" section.

Re: Wemo App Freezes at Settings > Settings & About > Check Firmware

iOS or Android. It certainly works on iOS. Assume you have removed the App and reinstalled?

[ Edited ]

Yes it is on Android and I have removed and reinstalled the apps, removed all devices and reinstalled them, cleared cache and data and no luck.  All Android devices are running Android 6.0 or 6.0.1.

Same issue on a Galaxy Tab, two LG G4's and two Note 4's.  I have a friend on a Note 4 and he has the same issue at his house.

This issue has been present for the last two releases.

Then I can't help as I only use iOS. Always helps to give the full story when asking questions.

I am having this problem on a note 4

@philh, I failed to say Android or IOS fan boy but in case you're not sure a note 4 would be the Android flavor.

Fan boy? Referring to the OP who only half stated his problem!

Expert

@scunny and lancemoreland

We'd like to get our WEMO experts to assist you with this setback. Send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details, and the link to this post. 

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support

Experts,ha not. I have been dealing with this same issue for weeks and on top of it can't connect 4G to my crockpot which in past I used too. No one at Belkin can figure out the problem and then tell me this is the first they have heard of this....lol   I am highly pissed bc i paid over $100 for this crockpot and only used it 4 times before this happened. The whole poit of buying this crockpot was to be able to control it while away at work since work 12 hour shifts.

January 15, 2018 and still no fix.