WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Dimmer Setup Issue

I had to turn off power to the dimmer to work on another light and when power restored the dimmer was not detected anymore by the app or alexa.  Manual control works.  

Setup joins wemo network ok, fails attempting to join wifi, re-enter password request many times, then finally connects to wifi and fails discovering devices or restarts setup again as it lost connection with wemo device.  Tried turning off/on power, factory reset (red light), reboot router, reinstall app.  This thing worked perfect right out of the box months ago???  What do I do?

IOS 11.4

Wemo 1.19.1

Re: Wemo Dimmer Setup Issue

@DaDD What is the LED status of the Wemo Dimmer after doing the reset? Have you tried using another handheld device on the set-up to further isolate the issue? Let's check for firmware updates by following the steps on this link: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=27353... Circle back to us on how it goes. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

It finally connected after numerous attempts 20+.  But unfortunately I had to cut power again as I'm doing some electrical work.  Same situation, does not reconnect when power is restored, white flashing light.  Hold down button get blue flashing light, connect to wemo wifi.  Then either it errors out can't find wifi, or finds wifi and and then can't find wemo device.  Tried delete/reinstall app, and tried setup on another iphone. Firmware 1.19.1

Also did a factory reset. red flashing light.

Let’s have our Escalation Engineers sort this out, DaDD. Please send us an email at WemoCares@Belkin.com with your username, link to this post, and your contact details (complete name, phone number, and location) so that we can create a case for you. Thanks.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support