WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wemo/IFTTT: only see "All Switches" as option when dropdown previously listed each switch.

[ Edited ]

I have several IFTTT triggers to turn on specific Wemo plugs:  Living Room, Bedroom, Porch.  The dropdown in IFTTT used to have these three plugs listed.  Now  "All Switches" is the only option.

My Wemo plugs can no longer be controlled independently from IFTTT.

Is the only solution to have a different manufacturer for each group of plugs you want to operate?

Expert

Re: Wemo/IFTTT: only see "All Switches" as option when dropdown previously listed each sw

[ Edited ]

@jkeese01,

If you have created rules on your Wemo app and those worked fine, then this could've something to do with IFTTT. If such is the case, you may want to contact them for this matter.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Re: Wemo/IFTTT: only see "All Switches" as option when dropdown previously listed each sw

[ Edited ]

My Wemo rules still work fine.  Amazon Alexa will also control the 3 Wemo switches I own.

For the "Turn on", IFTTT only has the "Which switch? (required)" option of "All Switches"  

Doesn't  Wemo maintain the drop down list available on IFTTT?

@jkeese01

Before we answer you query, could you provide us a screenshot of this so we can look closely into it? As per , did you contact IFTTT about this? For us to isolate this matter further, we suggest that you do.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I do not see away to attach a screenshot so I attached the screenshot as my avatar image.  Look at my profile pic for the IFTTT screenshot.

Expert

@jkeese01

Thanks for the photo. You can actually add a photo using the "Insert/edit image" when you reply. Are there any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the matter? We'd like to know for us to provide further steps.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Things I tried to make this switch work with IFTTT Applets:

1. I canceled the connection and reconnected to IFTTT
  2. I deleted the IFTTT Wemo applets and recreated.

"All Switches"  is still the only option in the dropdown and it does not turn on any of my Wemo switches.

I used to be able to turn on my front porch Wemo switch with this Applet.

The switches can be turned on and off with the Wemo phone app.

Thanks.

AllSwitchesIFTTT2.JPG

Expert

@jkeese01

Thanks for insight. This may be due to the Wemo and IFTTT integration with your devices. Try out these steps and get back to us with the results:

• Disable remote access on the Wemo App
  • Uninstall the Wemo App
  • Reinstall the Wemo App
  • Enable remote access again on the Wemo App
  • Reconnect to IFTTT
Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

I uninstalled the Wemo app from my phone.

Reinstalling the phone app seemed to allow IFTTT to see all my plugs in the drop down list on the IFTTT site.

I have very similar problem and simply reinstalling the app doesn't help. The only difference is that I connected IFTTT today and thus never made it working, i.e. I've never seen my plugs in the dropdown list.