WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
hko

Wemo IOS app now works with VPN since app version 1.14

[ Edited ]

Wemo app does not work when I have VPN enabled (Freedome) on my iPad. It fails to detect any devices. I need to switch the VPN off anytime I want do something with the Wemo app.

Re: Wemo IOS app does not work with VPN

Hi. The WEMO app will not work if there is an enabled VPN network in your device. This is a product limitation. 

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support
hko

Well, I think you should consider removing this limitation. What is the cause of this limitation?

Expert

[ Edited ]

@hko. This is how the App is designed. However, we've taken note about your opinion, and we'll pass this along to the developement team. 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

Serious and seemingly unecessary product limitation. Am considering returning Smiley Sad
hko

One way around this problem is to use the do button/widget to turn the switches on and off. Whenever you need to do something else, you need to first disable VPN.

hko

Another way around the VPN problem is to start using the free Yonomi app. There are further benefits with Yonomi: it works in landscape mode and it can also be used to control a number of other devices.

Using Yonomi I can finally create a routine which turns on a wemo switch and at the same launches a Harmony hub activity.

hko

Re: Wemo IOS app does not work with VPN - corrected in 1.14

It appears that the annoying VPN limitation has been corrected by the latest Wemo app release. This is really good because it was a drag to always have to keep on turning the VPN off/on before and after using the Wemo app.

Highlighted

Re: Wemo IOS app now works with VPN since app version 1.14

hey don't worry, I think you should try another VPN like I am using FastestVPN ios app. this is the best VPN which gives you whitelisted IP's and many more features.

They have Apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. To gain flawless experience, all it takes is a single tap for connectivity and you’re set. With third-parties and government agencies spying on you, VPN is a must-have. Laws such as data retention laws have obligated Internet Service Providers to provide an individual’s data without informing the individual.