WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Insight Setup Failing

[ Edited ]

5 times now I get the same error when setting up: "We've lost connection with the Wemo device..."

I've reset it everytime, and done factory reset. Getting the same result every time.

Tried:

- No wifi

- No cellular

- Vpn disabled

I get to the main setup page "name your device" then it says connecting to cellular or something then I get the error message.

My only guess is that it's failing since our office network requires to activate the MAC address of any connected device. Is there any way for me to get the MAC of the WeMo so I can manually activate it?

EDIT: I've activated the WeMo's mac address for my network, but it still does not seem to be working.

Log:

Connected to Wemo.###

Connected to: "MyWifi" .. Discovering your wemo devices (gets stuck here for a few minutes)

Then I get the same afformentioned error.

Re: Wemo Insight Setup Failing

Hi, wemo666. Did you use the MAC address of the Wemo Insight Switch that is registered on the router? Make sure that you connect the Wemo device to the 2.4 GHz network and is getting at least 2-3 signal bars from the router. For further isolation, plug the Wemo into a power outlet near to the router. In that way, the router and the Wemo will establish a stable connection between each other. You can then relocate the Switch after you successfully configure it.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I registered the mac address printed on the wemo device itself. The wemo is in the same room as the router on 2.4 ghz band.

[ Edited ]

Seems like you've already exhausted all the possible workarounds, wemo666. Shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com with your contact details (phone # and location), link to this thread, and your username so we can have this taken care of by our Level 2 Support team. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I believe the MAC address printed on the device is that of the WeMo transmitter, not the one that connects to your network which if I remember correctly is +1.

WEMO

wemo666 wrote:

I registered the mac address printed on the wemo device itself. The wemo is in the same room as the router on 2.4 ghz band.

PhilH wrote:

I believe the MAC address printed on the device is that of the WeMo transmitter, not the one that connects to your network which if I remember correctly is +1.

Phil is correct. The wemo device has two radios. The Wifi Client MAC is +1 or -1 from the MAC printed on the box. For example, a Wemo with MAC printed on the box as EC:1A:14:2A:59:11, you'd  add EC:1A:14:2A:59:12 into the list of allowed MAC addresses.