WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Minis at two homes

It goes not appear the you can operate two networks from app. Are you planning on updating the app like the EERO thermostat app where you can change from one network to another rather then deleting or forgetting the current network and forcing you to re-install the current network. I would think you would wand to enable the user the flexibility. People with two homes would likely be a large portion of your consumers of a product such as this.

Re: Wemo Minis at two homes

Hi, Mltrafton. The Wemo App can't manage multiple networks simultaneously. It can only accommodate one network per handheld device. To control the Wemo devices in multiple locations, you will need to use another handheld device.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

I have the same situation with two homes. Lately, my wemo app has been accessing both networks - sort of.
For example, my app is set up for house 1 (H1). However, if I am in house 2 (H2), the wemo app shows me the H2 devices and lets me control them. The H1 devices are mostly greyed out. If I want to control the H1 devices while in H2 I have to turn off the wifi on my phone.
The reverse situation does not exist, however. If I am in H1, I only see H1 devices, no matter if wifi is turned on or not.
I'm wondering if there was an app update that has changed the way it works with multiple networks. Seems like they are close, but not quite there.

Strangely I noticed this behaviour recently. Not sure it’s a planned outcome!!

Hi, hcliii. That should be normal. The house 1 (H1) devices should be greyed out whenever you're connected to the house 2 (H2) network since it doesn't support multiple networks as what 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

I get that.  But before last week, when in House 2 I would never even see the House 2 devices (grey or active), since the app was set up for House 1.  Now when I am in House 2 and on WiFi the House 1 devices are greyed out and the House 2 devices are active.  Never before.

Nestor_C I can assure you that’s not normal until recently. I have been using WeMos at two locations for years and this has only recently occured.

Any change recently?

You should tell your development team, marketing, or whoever makes design decisions for WeMo that supporting 2 (or more) homes is a must if you want this product to survive. Other products already do this. I was going to by a mini plug to take with me when I travel but now I'm not because of this deficiency.