WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Rules Not Saving - No Support From Belkin

@fractured

To isolate, try to use another handheld and check if the same challenge persists from there. Also, what's the exact model number of your Wemo devices? We'll sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Have the exact same issue with wemo mini. Returned the first unit because I thought it was defective. Second unit does the same. Install process goes flawlessly, update as well. Turn on/off remotely without issues. But I can't save any rule. Tried on my iPhone6s, iPad mini 2 and my wife's iPhone 7. Tried with two different wifi networks. Feature for which I bought the product does not work. I planned of buying more, I might return this one instead and go with another solution

Hi, Vaillans

It seems that the setback is pretty much isolated. What error message do you get when trying to save a rule? What specific rules have you tried creating? Email your response along with your full name, phone number, home address, screenshot of the error message, and the link of this thread to WemoCares@belkin.com

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue. When I go to save my settings I'm told can't save settings at this time. Check my devices. My mini plugs turn the lights in and off just fine but I can't program them to turn them on or off automatically. These devices will be returned if I can't get them to work right

Same issue. Lights turn on and off but if I try to save a rule I get an error that it can't save at this time check my wemo I have two wemo minis
Highlighted
Expert

Hi, Z51red. Were you able to follow the workarounds that the moderators provided on this thread? We recommend that you do so and report back for any updates. By then, include the OS version of your handheld device along with the firmware version of your Wemo Minis and the Wemo app version.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I’m on iOS 10.3.3 using the current version of your software on the 3 updated WeMo minis. I have used two iPhones and have the same issue each time I try to record a rule with on/off, or auto off. 

Hello there, fractured

You mentioned that you've restarted the three devices. Were you able to factory reset them and reconfigure from scratch? This is to fully isolate the setback. If you already have and the issue persists, please email your full name, phone number, home address, and the link to this thread (for refernce) to our mailer: WemoCares@belkin.com

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Honestly guys, this seems to be a major flaw in what should be very, very basic functionality. I lost confidence in this product and will return it and move on.

I'm already out of the country and the product isn't doing what I need it to. I needed this to work out of the box, and it doesn't. This community is showing that you have a real problem, and we can't all do your troubleshooting for you. This is absolutely unacceptable.