WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Rules Not Saving - No Support From Belkin

Does your device have any symbols in its name such as an apostrophe, quotation mark, or other such punctuation?

Thanks!!

No, only spaces.

I read elsewhere that the rules will not save if your smartphone is connected to your WiFi.  If you turn off WiFi on your phone, and force it to use your cellular data, then the rules will save.  Worked like a charm for me.

...well, kind of. (This my first day using the rule for my coffee maker.). Using a cellular connection, I was able to save the rule. The rule fired this morning and shows that it is active. However, it did not turn on the Wemo Insight. When I turned the Wemo on manually, the app immediately sees that it is on. So it appears to be connected, but the rule is not connected.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Have Dimmer Switch F7C059. Light Switch F7C030 and still can't save rules. Tried every tip here, no good. Rules display, but not active. Same error when deleting, but rule deletes. Let users know the facts or I will just return. Amazon has received many complaints and should stop shipping.

Hi, dallen. We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team check on this further. Please keep your lines open as a representative will be in touch with you within 24-48 business hours.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I am having the same issues and I have had since getting my first memo device. I get an “unable to save rules at this time, please try again later. This has been going on for several months. Everything else works great. They turn on turn off, Alexa can turn all 4 devices on and off but I cannot set any schedules

Help please

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi, Z51red. Try to follow the workarounds below.

1. Force close the app.

2. Power cycle WeMo. Unplug your WeMo for 20 seconds and plug it back in.

Otherwise, reset and reconfigure the device. Here are the steps:

1. Uninstall WeMo app.

2. Reset the WeMo device.

3. Re-install WeMo app.

Should the issue persists, shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, phone number, location, community username, and link to this community thread.
We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support