WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo Rules Not Saving - No Support From Belkin

Anybody having issues with rules not saving? Ive never succesfully been able to use any rules as they never save; it just takes me back to the rule creation screen.

Ive seen some claim it may be due to too many devices. I have 11.

I tried reaching out to Wemo support but after 2 months of emails constantly reafirming my app and firmware version over and over again, and then only supporting calls while Im at work or dinner gave up. I got no insight into whats going on other than google and scouring this forum.

Anybody experiencing this issue? Any solutions or workarounds?
Expert

Re: Wemo Rules Not Saving - No Support From Belkin

Hi, Deepfishstick. We regret hearing your experience with Belkin. We would like to resolve this as soon as we can.
We think the best way to go around with it is to have our technician call you at your preferred time and date. Rest
assured that you will be treated with high priority.

Please send us your contact details at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following info:

Case number from Email Support
Contact details (Name, Phone number, & Location)
Model number of your Wemo device
Current firmware version of your Wemo device
Wemo App version
Mobile Device (IOS or Android) and its version

Please provide also the link to this post for our added reference.

Rique - 22312
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same problem, just not 2 months of CS BS. My rules have never saved and I installed the switches about a month. I only have 3 wemo switches and it keeps saying rule cannot be saved, check the status of your device. I've rest everything, wifi, switch, and power. I've tried using another device to set rules, to no avail. Wifi is strong, so I am at a loss. I'm having to use a secondary app to run a schedule because the wemo app apparently has issues. Any help would be appreciated.
Expert

Hi, @Fattimusmatt. You seemed to have tried the basic troubleshooting steps to address your challenges. What's the current version of your Wemo app? Email us your answer at WemoCares@belkin.com together with your community username, full name, phone #, location (country/state), and the link to this post for our reference. We'll have our Wemo Experts further assist you.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same problem. I can't save any rules. I just installed 1 switch of the 2 I purchased. I will not install the 2nd until the first one works properly. I may send back the second one until I know the wemo products work. What am I missing ?

Hi, Dconway1. Are you prompted with an error message upon saving the rule?

Has a rule been successfully saved before? How about creating the rule from a different phone or tablet? Are the results the same? 

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

I am also having trouble saving rules. I have just installed everything, running the current iOS version of the software and it update firmware on one of my three wemos. The others appear to be current. I have restarted them, restarted the app, rebooted my router. Still no success saving rules, and I want to schedule my lights while I am traveling. 

I get "Rules cannot be saved. Having trouble saving this rule now. Please check the status of all your WeMo devices."

TL;DR - had the issue on ios 10.3.3, but beta ios 11r9 worked fine.

I had the same issue today.

This is my 1st unit, everything seemed to go well during the setup including the firmware update. Once i tried saving the rule i had the same error. I tried it on different devices IPAD Air 2, iphone 6s - both on ios 10.3.3. Did multiple resets on the device as well as the phone and tablet. nothing worked.

eventually i tried it on my work iphone 5s which has the latest beta version of ios 11r9 and it worked!

i was ready to send the unit back due to the lack of support.

hope this helps!