WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Rules Not Saving - No Support From Belkin

Any updates? This is getting ridiculous!!!

@fractured

What's the model number of your Wemo device? Have you tried any workarounds to sort this out? What rule were you trying to save? Make sure that your Wemo device/s and Wemo App are running on the latest version. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I have been experiencing the same issue with two switches I installed.  Same error on the iphone and the ipad in trying to get the rules to save.  "Rule can not be saved"  Switch is functional, no rules.

Hi, sebs. What's the current version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? Try to force close the app, reboot your device and re-create the rules again. If you encounter the same issue, e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our 2nd level Support Team look into this matter further: 

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I’ve had this issue for ovet a year.   Shocked Belkin still can’t figure it out.  I’ve gone through the support system a few times.   Nothing worked.   I think they make you do so many various steps one at a time (each step you wait via email for the next step) until you realize they don’t know or you give up.   I still use the devices with Alexa and IFTTT but this rules issue has prevented me from adding and recommending WeMo devices for a smart home.

Everyones issue is the same.  Same error message.  I’ve gone through all the steps on iOS and Android.   Somethings is wrong if after this much time of people posting the same complaints their solution is to privately move to personal support.  If they could fix it they would push an update or post instructions.

Has anyone ever gotten a resolution from Belkin for the rule saving issue? I’m getting ready to return mine to Lowe’s.

A resolution? No. There are some third-party solutions available though. @MikeP has done some great work with apps for Android that I am 99% sure will allow you to rely on your Android device to handle/execute the rules. Sadly his work isn’t available on iOS, but an app called Yonomi can do a lot of that too if you’re more of an iPhone person.

Where can I find MikeP's app?

By the way, I sent Android logcat data to Belkin. The log indicates that WeMo app throwing exception because of bogus URL.

Volley  : [806] NetworkDispatcher.run: Unhandled exception java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad URL http://:0/setup.xml