WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wemo Switch cannot enable remote access

Hello,

I'm new here and its the first time using this type of Wemo switchs, I could sucessfully connect the WS to my wireless home network but tried several time to enable remote access to use it outside home but never get it to work, I have a firewall that could be blocking the traffic for the WS and the web traffic, is there any guide or instructions to help me configure this?

Regards.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Wemo Switch cannot enable remote access

Is UPNP enabled on your router?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

Hi,

No its not, and I've been adviced to not do it.

Thanks.

OK, found it!

I checked the logs on my firewall and I've seen this ports TCP/UDP 3478, TCP 3475, TCP 5228, TCP 8443 and TCP 8080 being blocked and opened them and now its working.

Thanks!

I connected my light switch yesterday.  

I have tried repeatedly to enable the remote access and thus far have been unsuccessful.

I do have UPNP enabled and have not yet been able to find that firewall settings are causing a problem.

Any suggestions?

Hi robbins! Aside from what Chadster766 suggested, you may also try to uninstall the app then, do a factory reset. After that, install the app again and configure the switch. By the way, what kind of router do you own?

Does any know if this wemo switch or the app that controls it have dimmer function? so want to try out this switch and thank you

No it does not.

I am having problems with remote access as well... I can enable the remote access on the light switch, but can not access the device remotely.... it just indicates that it is not detected... I have uninstalled the app several times and reset the device to factory settings and set it up again.... I am using ios.... I do not know where to go next??

upate, I read on another disscussion that if I dissable remote access, force the app close, luanch the app, enable remote access... this might fix the issue... well now I can't enable remote access... it just says it is not able to setup right now, try again later......

Getting frustrated... as the main advantage to this device is to be able to use it when you are not at home and that feature will not work!