WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch cannot enable remote access

If you disable remote access away from your home LAN you will need to be back on it before you can re-enable IIRC.

It was at home that I did try... I just tried again and it is now enabled.... and the remote access is currently working.... probably not for long though... it does not seem to stay woking for very long.... most of the time it does not detect the device through the remote access....

Willow:

What device are you running Wemo app on?

What Wemo devices are you running? and how many?

How are you connecting? Wifi? Wifi/Cell?

At home are you connecting to the same access point as the Wemos?

I connect to my wemo switch (the only device) with my iphone 5 using latest ios.... when at home I connect via wifi and yes both are connecting on the same netwok access... I have no problem seeing or activating the switch over my wifi network.... the problem comes when I try to activate the switch remotley over 3G..... most of the time it tells me the it does find the device...

How does it work on a foreign wifi network?
Expert

Hi willow,

We took note of your experience. We would like to take care of this ASAP. Please check your inbox for my message.

Victor
WEMO Support Team

Hi, VictoR8,

I have the same issue - can't enable remote access.

Everything works just fine on home WiFi, but no remote access.

I have SBG6782-AC + 6 WeMo switches

And by the way - I tried to reset the switches, reinstall the app, restarting the router... I also contact live chat Belkin support, but they were not able to help and advised to contact phone support... It was a frustrating experience, btw...

No me puedo conectar acceso remoto que hago..? En mi wifi función bien ya actualice firmware, desinstale software, etc y nada?

Same problem here. I setup two wemo switch. I enable the external access and connected to the same wifi I can manage my switchs but from outside I see the switches in the app but I cannot switch them on or off.

I have not tested yet the option of disable external access, close the app, open de app, enable external access and try to acceso to them from outside. As soon as I confirm if it works I will post again.

Regards