05-07-2015 10:48 PM
07-03-2015 09:00 PM - edited 07-03-2015 09:02 PM
Excellent! Crisman's solution worked perfectly for me. It's midnight, I'm leaving on a trip in the morning, and wanted to get these up and running and then get some sleep. Thanks to you, mission accomplished.
BTW, his solution was to open up ports TCP/UDP 3478, TCP 3475, TCP 5228, TCP 8443 and TCP 8080.
07-04-2015 07:20 PM
Thanks for sharing what made it work for you, jbonbright. Indeed, we ge to learn workarounds from reading other's people's troubleshooting experiences. Enjoy your connection and have a safe trip!
09-13-2015 03:04 PM
Thanks! this fixed all my issues with the my bulbs and the app! Now at least I can access the bulbs on my mobile without having to disble to mobile network each time, and it seems to allow me to do the IFTTT location based access.
The toughest part was just to figure out where on my firewall the settings were, but as was prev mentioned I just youtube'd it
04-11-2016 08:33 AM
Tech support for WEMO is populated by morons. I bought an WEMO electric outlet that worked great on my home network but I could not get the app to enable remote access. After hours of reading on-line support and trying the steps on the Belkin website (which mainly tell you to delete and reinstall the apps and re-set the WEMO device and set it up again), I spent an hour online chatting with a tech support flunky. He finally gave up and issued me an RMA number.
Just for a lark, I changed the security settings of my cable modem and lo and behold, remote access worked! so here are my conclusions
1) Belkin's FAQs are totally stupid. The are a direct violation of the saying "insanity is defined by doing the same thing over and over, each time expecting a different result". Why deleting and reinstalling should work is totally mysterious. Maybe it's so that they can have you repeat it enough times that you'll give up and go away!
2) Tech support is of no help at all. The list they blindly follow should have you check your internet security settings, but if it's on their list I never heard about it.
3) i HAVE NO CONFIDENCE IN THIS COMPANY, AND EVEN LESS IN THEIR SUPPORT FUNCTIONS.
04-11-2016 02:45 PM - edited 04-11-2016 02:46 PM
I had similar issues and got it resolved with help of wireshark network monitoring tool :
1. I opened following firewall ports on my Router/Gateway:
TCP/UDP 3478, TCP 3475, TCP 5228, TCP 8443 and TCP 8080 TCP 123 TCP (NTP)
2. Allow Router / Gateway to Ping (ICMP Echo request).
To check if your router/Gateway allows Ping; Try pinging from your desktop to the router and if you don't get a response, Ping is disabled. This is default when you have windows/linux server as your internet gateway.
When Ping is disabled on the router/Gateway, switch will flash amber and remote access is denied. Also, the switch will Periodically drop from wemo app as "not Detected"
Hope this helps.