WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo Switch cannot enable remote access

The basic troubleshooting usually works, Uglyman. We don't immediately suggest the network settings as the challenge could've been caused by the device or the app. Rest assured your feedback will be shared with the Support team and we appreciate that you've shared the what resolved this challenge.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

What settings did you change 'uglyman'?  I've got a new comcast router. Remote access used to work on the fomer router. Doesn't now.

Hi, briank. Let's sort this out. What's the current firmware of your WEMO App and WEMO Switch? Have you tried resetting your WEMO device and uninstalling and reinstalling the WEMO App on your phone? 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

Hi Jay_D

App Version 1.15(30314)

I'm not home so I cant see the switches.  But I reset all switches, uninstalled app, started anew.  All on Monday.  Firmware updates occured on app and switches.

Which switch do you have, Briank? Is it the F7C027 or F7C029? Did you reset the switches following the steps in this article? Have you disabled the remote access before resetting the switches? If you have and the same thing happens, then email us at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following details:

- Name

- Phone number

- Make, model, and OS of the handheld

- Make and model of the router

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I'm set.  I got this working yesterday morning.  Doenst makes sense but remote access suddenly enabled.

I have some experiment to setup remote access of semi switch
1.press on/off button many times until it get grey
2.on pop up window,choose hide, the wemo switch will disappear
3.press refresh button until the semi switch reappear
4.now the switch can be remotely controlled

I have 2 light switches installed for about a month now. I have had random problems with the switches not being detected remotely.  They work fine on  local Wi-Fi .  

Troubleshooting the problem I performed a network scan on my local area network and found the light switches support UPNP.

As UPnP is used to negotiate end to end connections, I figured the UPnP advertisements might be timing out before the connection is established. I have increased the UPnP TTL hop count timers from 4 to 16 hops and after rebooting the router, both switches are now working. As this was an intermittent problem, I will monitor the switches over a period of time to see if this has fixed the problem.
Can somebody in Belkin tech support please advise if this approach is valid.

Rob, Melbourne Australia.

I have adjusted the UPNP hop count timers from 4 to 16 figuring that this might allow the UPNP broadcasts to propagate and live longer. Remote access seems to be working on all my switches now. Time will tell. I figure it's a timing issue due to the random nature of the problem. Rob, Melbourne Australia

I have an Asus ac68u router and can not remotely access my light switches. I can access them with no issues when on my home wifi network but not remotely... Tried reinstalling app, resetting switches forcing close and have remote access enabled and still nothing. I also have a nest which has no issue with remote accessing....feel like I wasted a lot of money in this disappointing product... Any help would be appreciated.