WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

Hi mdntblu. As of present, a WEMO app can manage one WEMO network only. You may want to use a different dedicated phone/handheld device to manage your dad's WEMO devices remotely.

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

Should be a no-brainier and standard to be able to control devices at multiple locations. Look at EcoBee, NEST, DropCam, IZON and others. We have 4 separate locations / networks in three states and can use one app in the same device no matter where we are to log into cameras and other devices that are on the various networks. Using WEMO only at one location because of this and would have another 30+ devices if they all could be controlled by the same app on same device.

From a strictly sales standpoint................... Belkin should be giving this its absolute top priority.

I am in the process of deciding which home automation system to begin installing at my TWO homes and at my BUSINESS location.

Despite having tested the Belkin switch and being extremely satisfied with it and the associated app.

I WILL NOT  choose Belkin because it does not now have, or announced a date that it will have, the ability to control more than on location.

Belkin CEO, Sale Manager, Product MAnager. WAKE UP!

I, like the others on this board, represent MULTIPLE system purchases.  What more could you possibly want from a customer base?

Chip

I also have this issue. I have two homes. currently I have my house on my Iphone and my apartment on my iPad. how about finding a way to install two apps on the same phone.

Another request for multiple locations it was able to save both but only able to view out of network the device network I was last connected to even on cellular.

Heck I can't or should I say they can't fix mine to work at just one loction much less mulitple!!!!!

my lights cut on every single day by themselves with no rule settings at noon...........WHY????

I have asked that question over and over and over and no one at WEMO can tell me or fix the problem...

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!!

[ Edited ]

I agree with the suggestion Belkin should make a duplicate version of it's app with it's own unique name and settings.

Call it WemoHome2 or WemoSecond or something.

This would be a really fast, simple fix.

The user could have 2 apps on one phone, each set-up for a different location.

THis would be great for users and

IT WOULD ALLOW WEMO TO SELL A SECOND SET TO ALL THIER USERS!!!

Has anyone seen if this could be done someway though multi-user accounts in Lollipop?

http://www.androidcentral.com/lollipop-brings-proper-multi-user-accounts-your-phone

Anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet? Right now I need to have the app on two devices and control each house from a different device. I would like to be able to control all from one device. Thanks