WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

What is the status on this? Can i yet Control multiple Wemo devices at several locations with ones wireless device?

I’d like the us wemo at 4 or more locations to power cycle routers when they are acting up.. any progress on this yet?

[ Edited ]

No and not likely to be ever implemented given the time this has been ongoing. Secondly, even if you could I am not sure you can do what you want to do. Once you switch off the router, with no wifi how will you switch it back on again? You may be better off with a simple mechanical timer that switches the router on/off on a regular schedule.

I have ARLO cameras in 2 locations and can control them all from 1 app. Why can't I do that with WEMO ??? Its a pain to have to control 1 location with my phone and the 2nd location from my IPAD. 

Useless for me....lad a wemo switch in my home so .I bought another 2 for my shop. I can have either my shop or my home but not both.
Now I am stuck with 2 useless Belkin switches!!
I got IP of the same make working in 2 seperate location and Controlling both with one app.
Belkin as an International IT company can not accomplish that. Belkins r&d should be fired for producing this rubbish!!

That answer was nearly 4 years ago..... well your R & D department is not doing it’s job.

I made it work, but not without a little frustration.  I used an old iPhone and first connected it to my WiFi router at my 2nd location.  Then (because I had used the WEMO app previously), I learned I had to delete the app and reinstall it.  After reinstalling the app, I reset my switch back to its factory settings, then paired my old iPhone to the WEMO switch at my second home.  Now, as long as my old iPhone is connected to WiFi, I can control my switch.  Wish it wasn't such a pain, but this worked!

Highlighted

This is pretty dissapointing. I own a tech company and to see this issue going on 4 years is truly perplexing to me.  As a customer, I'm pretty much out.

[ Edited ]

Belkin has just lost me as a customer forever.

How could they not address this real consumer need that many non-tech companies have addressed for years in their smart home apps?

Belkin is a joke.