WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

I also attempted to use Wemo Switches at my other home only fo find out that Belkin does not support such a thing.  Unfortunately, I can't use my IOS phone and my iPad because the app does not appear to be available for iPad.  

It's looking like I may need to use a different product.  I think Phillips Hue might be an option.   Looks like I'm returning a bunch of Belkin switches unless someone can explain what I'm doing wrong.

In the iTunes store on your iPad select "iPhone Only" in upper left corner of search and you will find the Wemo app to load on your iPad.  Not optimized for iPad but it will work.

Ditto regarding delays in makng this feature operational. I have a grand total of 3 devices - just tesitng for suitability - if I can control them in two locations I would add at least 30 more. 

[ Edited ]

halcrawford wrote:

Ditto regarding delays in makng this feature operational. I have a grand total of 3 devices - just tesitng for suitability - if I can control them in two locations I would add at least 30 more. 

Just spend around $18.98 more with any applicable taxes/shipping and you can you have as many locations you desire

[Automation Manager] - $ 8.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mpp.android.wemo&hl=en

[Cheap $9.99 Android Phone]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0141GLNCM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT:  Also control from a web browser from anywhere and on any web enabled device.

Very interesting that Bellingham did not think this through. I have 5 holiday homes and do not have 5 devices in my pocket to control these. I can use one app to control the heating!!
Have to buy some else's system as Bellingham in 2016 still do not seem to grasp that their system might be successful and people have multiple locations to control.

Sorry should say Belkin instead of Bellingham.

I use Alexa to control my devices at my home, and the WEMO app to control the devices at our lake cabin.

Wow, I just pruchased a boatload of Wemo devices to automate multiple locations, without realizing that you can't do this from the same app/device. I like the way the devices work, but it's a BIG FAIL on Belkin's part to not have added this feature in the several years (since 2014) that it has been requested. I guess it's time to look into other alternatives such as zwave or zigbee. Smiley Sad

This will address issue.
alfredm wrote:

Wow, I just pruchased a boatload of Wemo devices to automate multiple locations, without realizing that you can't do this from the same app/device. I like the way the devices work, but it's a BIG FAIL on Belkin's part to not have added this feature in the several years (since 2014) that it has been requested. I guess it's time to look into other alternatives such as zwave or zigbee. Smiley Sad

iOS please