WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

TP-Link seems to work at multiple locations. Got 3 plugs at one location and 1 switch at another. All seem to work fine off one phone. C'mon Belkin. Can't be that hard.

Ugh.  I loved these until I realized it can't control 2 locations from one device (yeah, because it's super convenient to carry around 2 devices) AND it is "on this list" 4 years ago.  Guess I will give the wemo plugs to my college kids, oh wait, then they can't control stuff at home when they visit.  

What a waste.  Lesson learned for me!

Wow. Can't believe this isn't possible. I've had a couple WeMo smart plugs at home and they work OK. Was just about to purchase a ton of these devices for work and brought one from home to do some testing, and then realized that you still can't control devices at multiiple locations. I assumed after all this time, Belkin would have gotten around to this (since the last time I checked it was "on the list"—like 3 years ago, when I was going to install some of these at our cottage), but still no.

Ah well, thankfully, I'm not that invested in the WeMo platform, so dropping it.

Requesting status on this request? I (as others obviously) bought Wemo devices for our offices after having great luck at home and recommend them to friends and family. Well, after attempting to get two locations to work with no-joy, I ended up registering for this forum to request status, and returning the switches (in broken up boxes) back to the supplier. Going forward will be looking for another vendor for all my smart switch requirements. This has been a problem since 2014? Really no solution? Just sad.

2018 almost over and still no solution to multiple locations? Why? HomeKit bridge doesn’t help even though Apple supports multiple locations? Why?

I have a two home, one phone work-around for mini smart plugs. 

While in one home..turn off your mobile wi-fi on your cell, so your connected to your cell provider.

I then deleted the wemo app & reinstalled, BUT did not allow location access. Deny it or hit "cancel" when you open the app. 

Wemo will not be able to locate your home network which would only recognize one smart device, but will then show both mimi smart plugs. I can now control both locations from one android (pixel) phone. I can confirm this because I have a remote camera in the 2nd home. Hope it works for you too!Cat Very Happy

Ditto for me about being able to control more than 1 location (even if signing out was required).

Years of non-support on this issue means they are not interested in my money. Fortunately, I'm only $80 into it with Wemo (4 switches), so I guess it's time to find another remote eco-system. I will be sure to tell everyone I know of this limitation!

Download an app on your phone called 'App Cloner'. This allows you to make another app from the original Wemo app and change the name - to Wemo1 or Wemocabin or whatever you want - just not Wemo. Then set up the devices at this other location on the 'new' app. Works very well for me and allows segregation of locations based on the app name.

Thanks for the response. I saw the posting about App Cloner before, and as a solution I'm sure it works. My problem is that WeMo not supporting something that should be relatively easy to do, despite many requests from users, shows me they are not interested in my money down the road. I expect a company to be responsive to user needs and wants. Those that don't normally go out of business (or at least, lose market share in that area).