WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

Good for you! I've read some user feedback that were able to get around this feature before by installing both the official and the beta version of the app on their phone. They use the official app to manage one network and the beta app for the other network, but that was way back when the Beta version is still available for download. It's interesting to know you are able to manage your different WEMO networks using a single app.

I am using different hidden SSIDs.    I guess I will keep my fingers crossed that the current voodoo is working.

There is always something new on horizon, something users think about and want. Something that currently available product version does not support. This something drives the business allowing to release new product versions and making customers excited again. If one would create perfect wemo from the get go, it would be boring and there would be nothing to write about, wouldn't it?
We need to be patient. This is not rocket science and I am sure, multi location feature is on wemo product roadmap. Belkin designed well hardware, now it is only a matter of imagination and product management agreement to implement new exciting features when the right time comes.

Here is what I notice with my config:

-Locally on site all devices on the local LAN show up

-if my remote devices don't show up on my iPhone I turn off Wifi and then all devices show up via the cellular connection

-on my iPad (no cellular option) I can get my remote devices to show up as well if I utilize a wireless access point that is not configured for any of the Wemo devices

-on my iPad if I connect to the WAP that is configured for the Wemo's my remote Wemo's disappear and only the locals show up

Count me in as being interested in having the controller work at 2 different locations!

I also have two houses in different locations which I am trying to control remotely. I just purchased a switch for the second house. During installation I was quite surprised that I couldn't operate devices in two locations. Add me to the list who need this feature.

I too have switches in two different homes. It really shouldn't be too difficult for Belkin developers to implement. It's really a matter of corporate commitment to this product line.

I must tell you that it's exhilerating to look at statistics on an Insight switch when I am on the other side of the world. The product has been quite reliable. Now they have to remove this single-location constraint. What they really need to do is put a pulldown into the app where customers can select one of multiple locations.

add me to the list,  I have second home 700 miles away and would like to use one iphone to control both locations. why can't they just allow you to download another(second) wemo app--different colored icon to control the other location?

Yeah please add the 2 location function. I wasn't aware that it couldn't do that like a nest thermostat or dlink cameras. So I returned the other 3 switches as I cannot control the second batch of switches. I will buy them once this simple function is implemented.

Please add me to teh list who want multiple locations.  I see this as one of the biggest things that are holding back sales.  you have a large number of folks that like your product but can't use them on second homes or the office.  I have a number of thes ein my first home nad they worek great.  I run a business nad have a second home.  My business has 5 buildings.  I would buy these switches for all of my locations if I could .   You are killing sales.