WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Wemo app controlling switches at multiple locations

[ Edited ]

This is BS.   We have been hearing for two years that you have been working on this and we have nothing.   This is not a hard thing to do.  If nothing else giuve us a second app name that we can download to control a second home.    My addition is gong on my other home.  As soon as it is finished I will be going with another brand to control the home.

You have been saying for two years, that this is coming and Belkin obviously doens't care about its customers needs, the early adopters.

You could give us a second location app in a week if you wanted but you decided not to or just don't care.  I have spent thousands of dolars on WEMO devices only to find out the functionality we have been asking for will never ever be delivered.

I know you want in Wemo app itself... but easily done with WemoManager.  
wjlucas wrote:

This is BS.   We have been hearing for two years that you have been working on this and we have nothing.   This is not a hard thing to do.  If nothing else giuve us a second app name that we can download to control a second home.    My addition is gong on my other home.  As soon as it is finished I will be going with another brand to control the home.

You have been saying for two years, that this is coming and Belkin obviously doens't care about its customers needs, the early adopters.

You could give us a second location app in a week if you wanted but you decided not to or just don't care.  I have spent thousands of dolars on WEMO devices only to find out the functionality we have been asking for will never ever be delivered.

Hi Guy, the only way I could control wemo connected to a light in a second location is using the DO app on my iPhone. The one problem the DO app can't confirm if the task completed. For instance, in the wemo app the button lights up green if on. But to Do Button is just a button. So I used the IFTTT App to do trigger notification on my iPhone.

Do App turns on/off.
IFTTT app gives me the notification.
Note there is a short delay, but it worked.

Come on Belkin, it realy shouldn't be that hard. How about explaining why you still haven't updated the Wemo App to control devices at multiple locations (different WiFi networks)

Wow. Annoying. Would be great to have this functionality.

Hi,

Is there any update on this?  Just bought a starter kit and a couple of Insight switches and cameras. Really want to be able to see both houses without having to carry two iOS devices but not going to purchase the rest of the devices or a second houselot iuntil this is sorted. Well at least not purchase Wemo stuff anyway.

No integration with Aplle Homekit and no ability to manage more than one location; seems like your strategists and developers are winning the race to the first to the end a deadend road.

Cheers

Gray

Robert S - it has been two years since this post. Update?

Seriously, Belkin, um, you had a great thing ... its on life support now ... don't let it die.  Think about it, most people that can afford to automate their homes, likily have other places (2nd homes, consultants, businesses, etc) that they would like to automate.  

This is a deal breaker.  How many other ways can we apply pressure to at least get a beta out the door?  What about a simple web app where we can mange these, something!  Maybe we need to launch our own Kickstarter, call it Wemo-But-Better!  Just take this great idea, and make one minor tweak.

WEMO Maker Inventor

No need for a kickstarter, you can already do this for $20 per location (for a low end android phone) and $9 for AutomationManager (a single license).  You interact with your own google account (using a web browser or AutomationManager) so your data is safe, it can't be lost or stolen.

From the outside looking it it seems that belkin made some unfortunate  architecture choices when they built their cloud service - these kind of fundamental changes often take a considerable investment to do a rewrite.  The effort gets weighed against current revenue and an incremental revenue if the change were made - typically $1M type decisions.  "There may be... a little delay".