WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Wemo app ends with no error while setting up device

Hi,

I have 2 wemo switch CFE and 1 wemo wall switch.

They all worked 4 a year.

I reset all 3 devices.

When going thru the setup and reaching the point where device is "attempting to connect to Wi-Fi. please wait" the app ends with no error and takes me back to my phones home screen.

iPhone 7

removed the WeMo app multiple times with reboots.

Did multiple factory resets.

Blinking amber blue

Help!

Thanks

Re: Wemo app ends with no error while setting up device

@markeebe

Are you referring to the Wemo Switch Smart Plug and the Wemo Light Switch? For starters, try the workarounds found on this link and let us know if it makes a difference. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Hi:

I am having the same issue.  Changed my networking equipment and reset the smartplugs before trying to reconnect.  When the app is attempting to connect to the wifi network, it simply stops and closes.  Impossible to reconnect to the device wifi without restarting.

I've checked and tried all the work arounds listed - some twice - all with the same result.

I am using the iOS version

Help!

@Millerhaus

What's the exact model number of your Wemo device/s? To isolate, try to use another handheld device and update us on how it goes. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for the reply and help.  Interestingly enough, I was able to connect the devices to my network via the Wemo app on my iPad.  All are working perfectly via all devices  - inluding Echo, but still can't understand why using the original device caused so much difficulty.

Thank you again!

It might be that there's some settings that you have to tweak on your original device. Should you need our assistance again, feel free to update this thread so we can sort it out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same problem. Tried with my iPhone. Connect to the switch through wifi. Opened the app. Found my wifi network. Connect and enter password. App crashes after about 15 seconds of trying to connect. Tried this on my ipad and had the same problem!!!!

The worst part is that this used to work! I don't know what's going on!

@VishalGTX

What specific Wemo switch do you own? Are there any other Wemo device/s on your network that's experiencing the same challenge? What's the current LED status of the unit? We'll sort this out. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I had this same problem and it did resolve itself.  These were my steps:

1.  When I started my wemo mini plug setup, my wifi was off on my iphone settings.

2.  I turned on Wifi and let it spin to find devices...then selected my Wemo.

3.  I entered my Wifi password and the app shut down as described by other users.

4.  I tried this 2-3 more times and it always shut down.

5.  I went back into my Wifi setting and connected my phone back to my house Wifi (note it wasn't connected when I started).

6.  After a moment I then selected the wemo and went through the regular setup.  Everything worked this time.

Maybe I was just lucky the last time but the difference was that I made sure the device was connected to the WIFI before starting the process.  Maybe this will help someone else or the wemo team in debugging the problem.