WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo app murdering my LG G6 battery

I recently bought the new G6 and put all my apps and junk on there. I noticed that, even without using the Wemo app, the app would start on it's own in the background and absolutly destroy my battery life. Typically the battery will be at 60% after an 8 hour day at work, but I've notice the battery around 50% 4 hours into my work day and would find the Wemo app to be the cause. I'll stop the app and the battery will maintain for the rest of the day. I don't want to have to stop the app all the time. What gives? Again, this happens even when I haven't opened the app or used any related widgets.

Re: Wemo app murdering my LG G6 battery

@travist80

Just to clarify, do you mean to say that the Wemo app suddenly pops up on your handheld without you opening it? Also, are you Force Closing the app whenever it runs on your smartphone? For this matter, make sure that you clear your device cache so the battery won't be drained. This would also help us isolate your case. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I also recently purchased an LG G6 and am having the same issue with the WeMo app. GSam Battery Monitor reports that it is responsible for around 30% of all battery drain due to apps - the most power hungry app on my phone.  

Hello, dayvestar. We don't have any workarounds regarding this matter but you may try to force close the app if you're not using it so that it won't be able to drain your phone's battery. Also, make sure that it is up to date.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Will this be addressed in an update?

I used the Wemo app last night to turn off an outlet and then plugged in my phone overnight. Since unplugging my phone this morning I have not opened the Wemo app, yet GSam reports it is responsible for 27% of all app-related battery drain so far today. 1 hour and 46 minutes of background CPU use.

No word has been given if this would be part of the next update since it seems to be an isolated issue, dayvestar. This may have to do with the cellphone's mAh capacity. 

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support

Same thing on a Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0
Highlighted

Rhinodad, kindly try if the same issue occurs to a different device. Please make sure that the app is not always running in the background.

Kloe-21503
WEMO Technical Support