WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo app not showing wemo switch

I went through installation procedures for my new Wemo Switch.  I added it to 2 Wemo Plugs already on the Wemo App.  My Amazon Alexa shows the new switch and turns it on and off by voice command.  The Wemo app does not show the new switch.  I tried resetting the switch and reinstalling, but get same results.  How can I get Wemo App to recognize the switch so I can set up automation?

Re: Wemo app not showing wemo switch

I had a similar problem with no solution as yet. I had two wemo mini plugs in my app working fine. After I added a wemo wall switch sucessfully, one of my mini plugs disappeared from the wemo apps. It appears the wemo app is very buggy. Solution?

After I did a force close of the wemo app, my wemo mini plug showed up again so problem solved. To force close wemo on my sole phone I presses the home button twice then found the wemo app and swiped up on the screen to close it. Then went back and reopened the wemo app and the disappearing plug showed up .

@pkfish44

Allow us to sort this out. Try using a different handheld device and check if the issue still occurs. Also, make sure the app version and the firmware is updated. If the issue still persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com and send the following details:

• Phone Number
  • Link to this thread
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'm having a similar issue and I thought I'd add my information to see if it helped.

• The phone app worked fine on my phone until I installed my mesh network.
  • The mesh network uses the same SSID for both 2.4G and 5G connections.
  • My phone is connected to the 5G network
  • My wife's phone is connected to the 2.4G network and that sees the WeMo switch no problems
  • My phone can connect to the WeMo switch WiFi when I reset the switch, but as soon as the switch is set up and connected to my WiFi network it disappears from my phone app
  • The switch has just been updated to the latest firmware and my phone auto updates apps so that should be up-to-date as well.

In theory, that should work, but WeMo hardware can be very finicky about the wireless network, and it’s pretty common for Android phones on a network with the same name for both frequencies to get all discombobulated for WeMo connectivity. Your most reliable option here will be to create a second SSID for your 5GHz network.