WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wemo app won't connect to IFTTT

For over a month I've been unable to connect my wemo devices to IFTTT. When I click connect on the screen that shows my pin (within the wemo app), I am taken to a login screen that does not allow text to be typed in the username and pw fields. If I click to sign in using Google, I get an error screen that Google does not support the feature due to some sort of security issues. Since I can't use the IFTTT app to create applets for wemo devices, I'm not able to do a lot of the things I intended to do when I purchased my wemo devices. Please help fix this!

Re: Wemo app won't connect to IFTTT

Hello, kurtlydic. What's the current version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? For further isolation, we suggest that you force close the app, uninstall/re-install it then try to integrate it again with IFTTT. This link may be of help. 

Feel free to circle back with the results so we can get this figured out. We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled the WEMO app a few times with no luck. When I log directly into ifttt with my Google account on the web bag or ifttt app, I have no issues. Only when connecting to IFTTT through the WEMO app. --

"403. That’s an error.

Error: disallowed_useragent

This user-agent is not permitted to make an OAuth authorization request to Google as it is classified as an embedded user-agent (also known as a web-view). Per our policy, only browsers are permitted to make authorization requests to Google. We offer several libraries and samples for native apps to perform authorization requests in the browser.

Learn more

Request Details
immediate=false
response_type=code
cookie_policy=single_host_origin
client_id=427071021612.apps.googleusercontent.com
scope=email profile
include_granted_scopes=true
proxy=oauth2relay429141944
redirect_uri=postmessage
origin=https://ifttt.com
gsiwebsdk=1
state=1741040938|0.187706082
=
jsh=m;/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k=oz.gapi.en_US.c_IFVwZhec4.O/m=__features__/am=AQ/rt=j/d=1/rs=AGLTcCN-k6uYdYPp8tFvHJ4lZi1GxPxjaA
That’s all we know."

I'm having the exact same problem. If I create an IFTTT account using Facebook, everything works as it should. I don't want to do that as I would lose years worth of created applets.

Hey there, a_bright_01. Have you tried using a different handheld device to verify if the same thing happens when connecting to IFTTT? Make sure that the Wemo app is running on the latest version as well.

Harvey - 21598
WEMO Technical Support

Had the same problem and here’s how I fixed it:

The “sign in with google” button wouldn’t “click” and when I tried signing in with gmail address and password it wouldn’t work.

My thought would be that “sign in with google” doesn’t actually assign your google password to your ifttt account but actually uses some other key authentication (like a google fingerprint if you will).

To fix: click “sign in with username”, click “forgot password” and go through the reset process. You should now be able to sign in with your same gmail addresss and newly created password. This allows you to keep any previously created applets as well.

Connect WeMo Lightswitch
For better security your WeMo product can only be connnected to IFTTT directly from your WeMo app.

To connect your WeMo Lightswitch, please open your WeMo app, go to More, Generate IFTTT PIN, then tap the Connect button
Can any one help me how to solv this with IFTTT?
Highlighted

When I try to connect to my WeMo switch in ifttt this is the replay I am getting.
Connect WeMo Lightswitch
For better security your WeMo product can only be connnected to IFTTT directly from your WeMo app.

To connect your WeMo Lightswitch, please open your WeMo app, go to More, Generate IFTTT PIN, then tap the Connect button

I have same trouble. Man Frustrated

Get a free January 2018 printable calendar. Please print as many copies as you want and share them with friends and co-workers. We use them as time sheets at our office.

After a lengthy conversation with WeMo rep we come to one solution delete all the app WeMo as well as ifttt sign out of fttt from safari or any browser on the phone;
reinstall the app and then setup the switch again!!; and try signing up by email and password on IFTTT...don’t use google signing. this works for me good luck